spc
uniqs

billdacat26
@lmco.com

billdacat26 to Dissonance

Anon

to Dissonance

Re: Thinking of getting my own cable tuner & router - questions

I have a SD-HDHR3 Tuner on my home network...I love it. $3.99 for cable card rental. I also run a Hauppaug 2250 tuner for OTA; this gives me five streams of HD TV. (+1) if you watch a previously recorded program.

Now the bad news;...(it's really not so bad). All my machines now have SSD's for the OS, and the network is on a gigibit switch. I still have the router between my LAN and WAN. The SSD's improved stability in the whole system beyond exptectations; reboots are now once a month as needed for upgrades.

ENJOY....
AndyD2k
join:2003-01-10
New York, NY

AndyD2k

said by billdacat26 :

I have a SD-HDHR3 Tuner on my home network...I love it. $3.99 for cable card rental. I also run a Hauppaug 2250 tuner for OTA; this gives me five streams of HD TV. (+1) if you watch a previously recorded program.

Now the bad news;...(it's really not so bad). All my machines now have SSD's for the OS, and the network is on a gigibit switch. I still have the router between my LAN and WAN. The SSD's improved stability in the whole system beyond exptectations; reboots are now once a month as needed for upgrades.

ENJOY....

Why bad news? Doesn't sound like there is anything bad?