uniqs
share rss forum feed

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
reply to wirelessdog

Re: Homebrew DSL

Not from tower to customer since I don't run a traditional WISP. I have used several SHDSL modems in back-to-back circuits. Also have bonded several pairs with Adtran TA238 units.

The dry pairs from the TelCo cost ~ $25/month.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
I wholesale a DSL service thru another company. Not a lot of money in it really, just augments the whole service.

I really wanted to do a wireless-to-dslam or fibre/MLPPP DSL-to-dslam in MDUs but that never seems to get far.

I can put up towers next to 10 different TelCo outside plant interface boxes and put a dslam at the bottom, and connect into the F2 to service hundreds of customers, but of course the TelCo wont let you do that.

Its a load of crap, that these areas go unserviced because of only political reasons.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
said by Inssomniak:

I can put up towers next to 10 different TelCo outside plant interface boxes and put a dslam at the bottom, and connect into the F2 to service hundreds of customers...

I started reading that with a glimmer of hope thinking "Holy crap did he actually manage to pull THAT off???! And HOW!?"

Then I finished... Damn

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1
reply to Inssomniak
A regional WISP (Vianet) played their CLEC card and moved a lot of former wireless subs over to DSL wherever the TelCo built out.

There is another WISP here (TBayTel) running Canopy that is a regional cellular carrier. The same local WISP inked a deal to carry their service over the Canopy network. The funny thing is that they claim that they can offer better service than what the cell carrier can.
--
Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and formal education positively fortifies it. -- Stephen Vizinczey

djweis

join:2006-04-02
West Des Moines, IA
reply to voxframe
This is possible in the US. We're one of a handful of companies that have. I learned how to do it from these guys: »www.rric.net/