join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
reply to sk1939

Re: We've passed Peak Apple....

said by sk1939:

One of the patents Apple sued on was design (afformentioned rectangle with rounded corners) as well as the use of a mutli-touch interface on a phone and others.

No, I think you're wrong. The list of the first 20 patents Apple asserted against HTC is here: »www.engadget.com/2010/03/02/appl···eakdown/

They later added 5 more in a separate complaint: »www.fosspatents.com/2011/07/appl···int.html

None of those are design related patents.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
said by Daemon:

said by sk1939:

One of the patents Apple sued on was design (afformentioned rectangle with rounded corners) as well as the use of a mutli-touch interface on a phone and others.

No, I think you're wrong. The list of the first 20 patents Apple asserted against HTC is here: »www.engadget.com/2010/03/02/appl···eakdown/

They later added 5 more in a separate complaint: »www.fosspatents.com/2011/07/appl···int.html

None of those are design related patents.

Design of the GUI rather than the device itself.

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net

1 edit
said by sk1939:

you can call them 'Design of the GUI', but they are still utility patents, not design patents.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
said by Daemon:

said by sk1939:

you can call them 'Design of the GUI', but they are still utility patents, not design patents.

Fact of the matter is though that Apple has sued quite a few companies over some portion of the iPhone at some point in time.