amd7674
join:2007-02-19
Nepean, ON

amd7674 to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith

Re: [OUTAGES] 11/12/2012 16H30

said by TSI Keith:

Bumping due to additional issues in Ottawa

My in-laws have been down since last Tuesday 6am :-( I have opened the ticket, spent hours on the phone, still no resolution. There was rogers technician who basically checked the lines and told my in-laws to try in 30 minutes Now they have another several days for another rogers visit... I took their modem to my location and it worked right away. I tried my working modem at their location and it doesn't work just like theirs... Sync issues... dhcp issues... if I'm not mistaken...
I'm on Fallowfield POI, they are on St.Laurent POI... so it looks like it could be POI issue??? can't you fix this remotely? are they affected by "additional issues" you are talking about

We are both using motorola 5120 modems....

this is very frustrating... it has been almost 7 days for them without internet, and now they have to wait another few days for another rogers visit

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

We have been having ongoing issues in Ottawa yes. However, until today they have not been RF/Signal related. They had a tech out due to poor signal and after the tech left the signal was still out of spec therefore I do not think their issue is related to these.

Out of curiosity, did you check the signal levels again when the modem was working at your place?

Now I left at office at 7pm this evening (just before your last reply in the direct forum) so unfortunately I do not have access to open your ticket now, but I have reached out to a colleague who is making sure that your ticket is pushed tonight so that the dates we discussed will still be valid (I believe he is working your ticket as I type).
amd7674
join:2007-02-19
Nepean, ON

amd7674

said by TSI Keith:

We have been having ongoing issues in Ottawa yes. However, until today they have not been RF/Signal related. They had a tech out due to poor signal and after the tech left the signal was still out of spec therefore I do not think their issue is related to these.

Out of curiosity, did you check the signal levels again when the modem was working at your place?

Now I left at office at 7pm this evening (just before your last reply in the direct forum) so unfortunately I do not have access to open your ticket now, but I have reached out to a colleague who is making sure that your ticket is pushed tonight so that the dates we discussed will still be valid (I believe he is working your ticket as I type).

The signal levels on their modem at my place were very good...