Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tennisman94

join:2010-02-18
Palm Harbor, FL
kudos:2
reply to OwlSaver

Re: [DVR] So what's the word on the FiOS Home Server?

said by OwlSaver:

I would want the Laptop and two XBOXs to be able to connect to the VMS and get all channels and recordings. My expectation is that something will not work as I would like. We will see.

Assuming that the VMS is RVU based, the XBOX and laptop would only work if RVU client applications were built for them, and building an application requires a company to become an RVU member at a cost of $8000 a year, not to mention implementing DTCP-IP (DRM) on the client.
This is unlikely to happen.

OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA
said by tennisman94:

said by OwlSaver:

I would want the Laptop and two XBOXs to be able to connect to the VMS and get all channels and recordings. My expectation is that something will not work as I would like. We will see.

Assuming that the VMS is RVU based, the XBOX and laptop would only work if RVU client applications were built for them, and building an application requires a company to become an RVU member at a cost of $8000 a year, not to mention implementing DTCP-IP (DRM) on the client.
This is unlikely to happen.

I would think that Microsoft or Verizon would have the capability to build it for the XBOX. Verizon already has a very limited app for the XBOX. Also, it would seem that adding RVU and such to Media Center would be relativly easy for Microsoft. Then again, just because they can do it, does not mean either will.