how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

junkedbrian

@74.198.164.x

[Cable] from tsi back to rogers?

Hey guys

I tried searching for this answer but I'm on my phone since internet is down. The switch from rogers to tsi was a bit of an adventure, it went smoothly but required some planning and time. I was wondering if switching back is the same or just a 2 phone call and a new modem dealie and its done by the end of the day? I'm fed up with outages and 45+ min waits to speak to someone at tsi.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 edit
Yeah, just a phone call to Rogers, and they should be able to visit within a couple of days to install their modem and get you online. You may end up paying for an extra few weeks of Teksavvy -- they bill in advance -- but otherwise it should go smoothly.

The trick when switching ISPs, is to not "switch", but rather to "install new" alongside the "old". Then cancel the "old" as a separate thing. Sometimes this results in an extra "install" fee, but it's usually worthwhile doing it that way to avoid downtime.

camelot

join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON
reply to junkedbrian
Before you switch, are you absolutely certain that the outages you faced were not experienced by Rogers customers as well? The entire last mile is managed by Rogers themselves.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to junkedbrian
Hi There,

We are no contract, no cancellation fee so you can cancel any time to coincide with when you are getting another service. However, I do see that you posted a new thread about issues in Ottawa and I would really like to have a look into your account to see if there is anything we can do you for you first, so please either PM me or post your account information in the direct forum.

Thanks!
Liz

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to junkedbrian
Your problem is you live in Ottawa. Short of satellite internet from America even dial-up will give you problems. Every faucet of the internet is nothing but problems here in Ottawa. That's the root cause of all your problems. Going back to Rogers will accomplish nothing as Rogers cable internet is also down in Ottawa. Read the Rogers forum on dsl reports.

tsi2rogers

@utoronto.ca
reply to TSILiz
I am considering at this point going to Rogers.

For the last 27 days I have been experiencing up to 50% packet loss resulting in a completely useless connection. The back and forth on the tickets has TSI powerless to force Rogers to do anything to fix whatever is wrong on the line.

At this point TSI is ready to accept defeat on the problem.

My hope is then than turning into a Rogers customer they will actually end up checking what they have been ignoring when they get the calls from TSI.

Thoughts?

MJB

join:2012-01-29
Reviews:
·VMedia
·ACN DSL
reply to junkedbrian
why don't we as canadian citizen's stand up to rogers/bell and deal with this **** that is happening with our internet . we rank 38th in the world for internet affordability and speed. rogers/bell are crooks and don't care for the consumer.

Jaxom

join:2012-03-10
East York, ON
Unless you have suitcases full of cash to bribe politicians that amount to more than Rogers is bribing then they will always win.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to MJB
said by MJB:

we rank 38th in the world for internet affordability and speed. rogers/bell are crooks and don't care for the consumer.

Rogers is starting to roll out 250/250 FTTH so things are improving at least speed-wise.

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19
My imagination is probably too limited but for the life of me I can't figure out why 250/250 is a useful offering when Rogers' caps are so ridiculously low.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
said by QuantumPimp:

My imagination is probably too limited but for the life of me I can't figure out why 250/250 is a useful offering when Rogers' caps are so ridiculously low.

For some people, time is more valuable than money. Others might just want the bragging rights.

Even if it was unlimited, most people wouldn't use anywhere near 500GB. The cap is mostly there to keep people who want to back up the internet off that plan at the expense of potentially encouraging people who would use less to increase their usage due to feeling like Rogers owes them 500GB.

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6
reply to junkedbrian
said by tsi2rogers :

I am considering at this point going to Rogers.

For the last 27 days I have been experiencing up to 50% packet loss resulting in a completely useless connection. The back and forth on the tickets has TSI powerless to force Rogers to do anything to fix whatever is wrong on the line.

At this point TSI is ready to accept defeat on the problem.

My hope is then than turning into a Rogers customer they will actually end up checking what they have been ignoring when they get the calls from TSI.

Thoughts?

Hi There,

If you have said you have opened tickets and completed troubleshooting I would like to review this to see if there is anything we can do. You can either PM me with your account info or post in the direct forum.

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to tsi2rogers
said by tsi2rogers :

That could work. When I last had a Rogers tech here to verify that the line was not the cause of my 11-day Teksavvy outage, he said that had I been a Rogers customer, he would not have left until everything was working again. Including possibly replacing the modem if need be.

Cheers