uniqs
share rss forum feed

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1

ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater this week

From a CT PURA filing:

Effective Wednesday, November 14, 2012, Cablevision will launch ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater in Connecticut. ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater is one cable channel that operates during the College football season as ESPN Goal Line, and during the College basketball season as ESPN Buzz Beater. ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater provides live look-ins and up to the minute commentary from ESPN’s experts and analysts.

The channel only operates on major game days for their respective sports. Goal Line operates from 12:00 pm to 12:00 am ET on Saturdays, while Buzz Beater operates from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm on Wednesdays and 12:00 pm to 11:00 pm ET on Saturdays. When the channel is "off-air" a slate appears detailing air times.

ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzz Beater will launch in Standard Definition (SD) on channel 152 and in High Definition (HD) on channel 827.

RemyM

Stamford, CT
I hope this means ESPN3 will be authorized for us soon. I checked yesterday but Cablevision still isn't listed.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 edit
reply to RemyM
Added this morning along with News 12 T&W HD and all the missing HD channels my recently all digital system never had.

Very nice surprise this morning!

RemyM

Stamford, CT
reply to RemyM
Up in CT. Per the guide channel this is only available in the iO Sports Pak and iO Gold. Which is probably only the new iO Gold that includes the Sports Pak not the grandfathered ones.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
said by RemyM:

Up in CT. Per the guide channel this is only available in the iO Sports Pak and iO Gold. Which is probably only the new iO Gold that includes the Sports Pak not the grandfathered ones.

Correct. You either need the "new" iO Gold (which includes the sports channels) or any "old/legacy" package with the iO Sports and Entertainment tier add-on.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to RemyM
Channel 827? What an odd place to put it. It would have been better off at 792 and just throw N12T&W on 872.

Just go crazy, CV and remap everything correctly in one fell swoop. We won't mind.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
872 is part of the Music Choice channels (851 through 896).

jpr281

join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY
reply to JohnILM
said by JohnILM:

Channel 827? What an odd place to put it.

Guess that means we won't be getting the rest of the Showtime channels in HD any time soon.

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
There's a lot of changes that could be done to the lineup that was formed years ago, before the addition of like 50 HD channels. Since the international channels were moved to the 1000s, we can confidently say that they are not going to do HD (or SD) = normal +1000, but I would support a realign of the 700s & 800s to closer match the lower channels (not that it really affects me, as I use the lower channels since I use CV boxes)

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
reply to JohnILM
said by JohnILM:

Just go crazy, CV and remap everything correctly in one fell swoop. We won't mind.

I can assure you a lot of people would mind and would be furious.

I have basically moved but still have CV for now. I am in the process of learning all the new channel positions for this provider and it is very difficult figuring out where all the new channels are located, when you are used to them being somewhere else. With a couple of channels it tends to be fairly easy. For the vast majority of users who really do not care where the channels are located, changing a large number of channels is extremely disruptive.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to kickass69
said by kickass69:

872 is part of the Music Choice channels (851 through 896).

Typo, meant 827 where ESPN Buzzer Beater is now.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to TheWiseGuy
said by TheWiseGuy:

said by JohnILM:

I can assure you a lot of people would mind and would be furious.

My vote is still for a new, organized channel map. You'll get used to it.