Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Only if they give Motorola or Arris equipment

I'd pay $7 per month to have Arris or Motorola equipment at Grandma's house. The Cisco and Ubee equipment she has is junk. I talk to her on Time Warner phone and there is static on the line. I would love to have an Arris modem on her Internet and phone and Motorola set top boxes on her TVs.

I moved one of my TiVo boxes to her house and I have to use a tuning adapter.

I would like to have Time Warner at my house in Springfield (Mass) as they are slightly better with customer service. When I call TWC at Grandma's house I get a call center that is located in nearby Portland (Maine). I never get a local call center with Comcast. I always get outsourced call centers that are out of state and sometimes overseas.

The nice thing about local customer service is that they are familiar with the local system and product offerings.

I'd gladly pay a fee to Comcast to get my calls to customer service answered in Western Mass.

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
In my area, if you know the number you get local service with comcast. Otherwise it goes to the call center. Often that center will end up transferring you to local.
--
dnoyeB
"Then said I, Wisdom [is] better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard. " Ecclesiastes 9:16

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

I'd pay $7 per month to have Arris or Motorola equipment at Grandma's house. The Cisco and Ubee equipment she has is junk. I talk to her on Time Warner phone and there is static on the line. I would love to have an Arris modem on her Internet and phone and Motorola set top boxes on her TVs.

Strange.

We had nothing but trouble with Motorola and RCA cable modems - problems that went away when we obtained Cisco-Scientific Atlanta-Webstar modems. Unfortunately, with the "rental fee" program now in place, we're facing having to buy Moto.

The Moto pay-tv STBs are equally bad - mini space-heaters with slow processors and inept menu structures. Unfortunately, there is no alternative.

PaulHikeS2

join:2003-03-06
Fitchburg, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

I'd gladly pay a fee to Comcast to get my calls to customer service answered in Western Mass.

It's would have to be a large fee since they would need to build a call center there

Seriously, most large corps have regional rather than local call centers. For you, it's "Western New England" which is located in north/central CT. When they are too busy, another New England center or a national center gets the call. Time Warner likely has Maine customers for whom the Portland call center is farther away then the centers you reach with Comcast.
--
Jay: What the @#$% is the internet???

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
said by PaulHikeS2:

said by IowaCowboy:

It's would have to be a large fee since they would need to build a call center there

Seriously, most large corps have regional rather than local call centers. For you, it's "Western New England" which is located in north/central CT. When they are too busy, another New England center or a national center gets the call. Time Warner likely has Maine customers for whom the Portland call center is farther away then the centers you reach with Comcast.

It seems that every time I call Comcast, I get a call center is South Texas. Problem is that we were inherited from AT&T broadband and we're not a native Comcast system so they use a different (and more complex) billing and provisioning system than native Comcast areas (I was told this by a CC employee). If you get a New England call center, they know our system inside and out.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to IowaCowboy
Motorola boxes cannot be used in areas serviced by Cisco boxes. The backchannel communication protocol is not compatible.