Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike to J E F F4

Mod

to J E F F4

Re: New iPhone, iPad and "iTV" first half of 2013?

There is one model iPhone each year in two colors. (insert storage changes)

There are hundreds of Androids phones. No single Android phone has a market dominance as a single iPhone model.

Due to sheer numbers "Android" has a large market share. Each individual phone is just a drop in the bucket. iOS only runs on iPhones.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Not to argue, but Apple is selling 3 different models, (4, 4S and 5) and two different colours and in different storage capacities (for 5 only). We'll leave it at 3 since storage isn't everything and colour means nothing.

That said, Samsung Galaxy 3S appears to be shipping (shipping, not sales) more so than the iPhone 5.

Not that I'd buy a Samsung...I'm holding out for a better iPhone or BB10 if it is as good as RIM hope it is.

Jimothy
@mycingular.net

Jimothy to Mike

Anon

to Mike
said by Mike:

There are hundreds of Androids phones. No single Android phone has a market dominance as a single iPhone model.

Due to sheer numbers "Android" has a large market share. Each individual phone is just a drop in the bucket. iOS only runs on iPhones.

android doesn't make money, its sheer reason for existence is for giving google a vessel to mine your personal data

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

said by Jimothy :

said by Mike:

android doesn't make money, its sheer reason for existence is for giving google a vessel to mine your personal data

Right....so when I add an app through android it shows me all the permissions the app is looking for ie Internet access etc yet Apple doesn't show that?

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Settings -> Privacy

Pretty sure by default it's set to not. Within the apps you need to grant permission.

Right?

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008 to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

Actually right now the Galaxy S3 is this years best selling smartphone with over 30 million sales.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

30 million for a 5 month old phone is commendable.

Let's check back in 6 months with the iPhone 5.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

Settings -> Privacy

Pretty sure by default it's set to not. Within the apps you need to grant permission.

Right?

Trickier than that: Settings>>About>>Advertising (bottoms of the screen!)>>Limit Ad Tracking

Set that to ON. It's OFF by default, which probably is NOT what you want.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Could you post a screenshot? I don't see it.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Oops, missed a screen: Settings>>General>>About>>Advertising (bottom of screen)>>Limit Ad Tracking

Sorry about that (screenshot wouldn't help I don't think but having the full path to the screen should! Let me know if not).

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Are you using ios 6? Don't see it in 5.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Yes, iOS 6; it's somewhere else/different iOS 5 I think...