uniqs
share rss forum feed

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to phily316

Re: Is this legit?

I wouldn't trust it. A tonne of red flags.

Asking for State and Zip instead of Province and Postal Code. Asking for the answers to your security questions, but not providing those same questions. Asking for SIN.

That just SCREAMS "phishing".

I suggest:

1) Run a virus scan to check to see that it's not your computer that has been compromised. FIRST AND FOREMOST! Don't log into anything else secure (banking especially) until you do this!
2) Call Rogers on the chance that it's something on their end that has been compromised.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Yikes, that just screams identity theft.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
I just logged into MyRogers and it doesnt have that, neither does it have that "Red Hot Deals" button on the top... So yeah, I'd say your machine is compromised and is redirecting to a totally fake Rogers site...

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
said by HiVolt:

I just logged into MyRogers and it doesnt have that, neither does it have that "Red Hot Deals" button on the top...

The "Red Hot Deals" button shows up if your region is set to QC.

HiVolt
Premium
Toronto, ON
said by bt:

The "Red Hot Deals" button shows up if your region is set to QC.

Oh, interesting...

juggie

join:2007-04-25
Nepean, ON
Go to another computer. change your rogers pw, then call rogers and put a block on your account for any changes. At this point, it likely woudn't hurt to put a block on your credit too such that any new credit application requires a verbal auth.