share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to NICK ADSL UK

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for November 13 2012

Applied 16 patches to my Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit PC. A reboot was needed. No problems so far.

P.S.>> My windows 8 Pro laptop update taking forever to download patches. Not sure why Win 7 worked fast as usual, but Win 8 Update taking forever just to download the patches.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ

2 edits
said by FFH5:

A
P.S.>> My windows 8 Pro laptop update taking forever to download patches. Not sure why Win 7 worked fast as usual, but Win 8 Update taking forever just to download the patches.

The following 3 Win 8 patches won't successfully complete downloading. After a long period they fail with error code
80072ee2. »windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind···80072ee2

The following patches did apply successfully to the Win 8 laptop:

The .net update did finally install thru Windows update.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

1 recommendation

Article says the server is busy for too many requests. Try it later, in particular KB2770917 took a little while to download for me, it's probably huge since it's W8 cumulative update.
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2770917

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
reply to FFH5
said by FFH5:

said by FFH5:

A

The following 3 Win 8 patches won't successfully complete downloading. After a long period they fail with error code
80072ee2. »windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind···80072ee2
[att=1]

The following patches did apply successfully to the Win 8 laptop:
[att=2]

I had to go to Windows Download Center to install KB2769165 & KB2770917(multiple files) patches. They were timing out using Windows Update pgm. After downloading and installing, I reset the Windows Update database and cleared it using Windows Update Troubleshooter. A subsequent run of Windows Update shows everything now up to date. Not thrilled with the Win patch tuesday process for Win8. See how it goes next month.
--

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
reply to FFH5
I had two Win 7 Pro 64 bit systems that had just 12 updates, but this one had 16, and I believe they were the same as you listed. I think the difference is that the other systems did not have MS Office viewers installed.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.