how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

robman50

join:2010-12-14
Beamsville, ON
reply to coaxguy

Re: [INTERNET] Any future upgrades coming soon?

said by coaxguy:

I thought you had switched to Start.ca from one of your other posts.

I would like to switch buy my mom is the account holder and she has her address registered with town hall. So it looks like I will have to deal with my Cogeco service.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to coaxguy
said by coaxguy:

They may be changing the Ultimate 30 to Ultimate 40 and the 55 to 70 ive been told, but the pricing is staying the same with the same data allowance.

Someone not too long ago posted in the Cogeco forum saying they were pulling 70Mbit/s on their Ultimate 55 account, so that would make sense particularly since Cogeco has a history of rolling out speed upgrades sometimes even months before they're officially announced.

Doubt we'll ever see any 100+ speeds in Cogecoland like we already have in Rogers, Shaw, Videotron and Eastlink areas for a while now. Cogeco is still only using 3 or 4 downstream channels when everyone else has already moved to 8.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·Bell Fibe
reply to robman50
My friend is a Technical Sales Rep for Cogeco and am a former installer, and from I have heard and been told the short answer is no.

They may be changing the Ultimate 30 to Ultimate 40 and the 55 to 70 ive been told, but the pricing is staying the same with the same data allowance.

I thought you had switched to Start.ca from one of your other posts.