join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to StepBack

Re: How to get my supervision to back off

Click for full size
Click for full size
This is our forensic storage array (and gateway). I just moved a lot of the equipment around one week ago and need to get some new pictures in.

Wish I had some cable trays to come out of the roof. Oh well, best I could do with the money we had.

Just took a contract job with the City to start redoing their datacenter (a ton of work). Your original pictures look like our current datacenter which I have just begun redoing. I can't stand lazy IT admins/contractors. It pisses me off to no end.

Edit: Where are your cable management arm support trays that plug into the rear of the rails?
--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons..." - T.S Eliot
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Publilius Syrus
Ma blog: »www.johndball.com

StepBack

@204.45.134.x
said by exocet_cm See Profile
Edit: Where are your cable management arm support trays that plug into the rear of the rails?
[/BQUOTE :

They are in the trash where they belong. I measured everything so i knew exactly how long my cables needed to be and used Velcro to rap up the cables. I hate cable management arms because they just get in the way of everything.

Modus
I hate smartassery on forums
Premium
join:2005-05-02
us
reply to exocet_cm
Whoa a is that a HotBrick???? I haven't seen one of those in years, they aren't still around are they?
--
Think Ahead. Learn More. Solve Now!

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
New Orleans, LA
kudos:3
said by Modus:

Whoa a is that a HotBrick???? I haven't seen one of those in years, they aren't still around are they?

Yeah, it was a temp setup until I could get Untangle on one of the spare PowerEdge boxes.

@StepBack, maybe you weren't using them correctly?
--
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons..." - T.S Eliot
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Publilius Syrus
Ma blog: »www.johndball.com

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to Modus
said by Modus:

LOL I had the same response when I saw that pic in his thread when he built that storage array. Unfortunately they are still around and I don't think they have really updated anything in the last several years.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to StepBack
said by StepBack :

said by exocet_cm:

They are in the trash where they belong. I measured everything so i knew exactly how long my cables needed to be and used Velcro to rap up the cables. I hate cable management arms because they just get in the way of everything.

You know, I had the same thought. My cable management arms on my 2950's stick out past the back of my rack forcing me to leave off the rear door (not really an issue but still, it'd be nice to have the option). I have thought about measuring and bundling with velcro to secure off the slack needed to pull the server out.

In my case though, I only have rails for two of the servers, the third was a recent ebay purchase and we have not gotten rails for it yet. For securing the non-rail server, I've found that a bent T bracket similar to this one works wonders to hold up the back of the server.