uniqs
share rss forum feed

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
reply to Immer

Re: Blue Post Tracker: Zarhym tackles worldofquestcraft QQ

The only dailies I like doing on alts are for Tillers, because a). they're quick and b). they give material reward to my main (in the form of more food that I'm not having to worry about buying on the AH).

I've got an alt in a one-night-a-week raid team that I'm basically saying "let the drops come how they may". I'll do LFR, because I have fun doing LFR. I'll do the occasional dungeon, esp if a friend is running one. And I'm coming around to "this is actually intended and I'm okay with that, because this raid is more casual".

I'm not grinding out 4 factions worth of Revered rep. Not for my alts.

Maybe when they get +rep from having one toon at Revered.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
BTW 5.1 is now finally a release candidate, so I'd bet 2-3 more weeks maybe.

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
said by DarkLogix:

BTW 5.1 is now finally a release candidate, so I'd bet 2-3 more weeks maybe.

I hope that's the case. Been holding back on the alt rep grinds for the bonus XP...and only doing that for the VP gear.

One thing that really bothers me about the dailies is some of the drop rates. One of the Klaxxi dailies is to get 4 Mushtan tongues. Apparently, the dread wastes are hard on the Mushtan since I have to kill 20 to 30 of them to get 4 tongues. There are a few other quests annoying like this. The other that comes to mind is the 6 shackles quest. All these indentured slaves and only 1 in 8 is shackled?

Just wish they drop rates made more sense...and that since you are exalted with the Tillers, your farming techniques keep stupid weeds and critters from invading your garden.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
good point. This low drop rate leads to a lot of world pvp over the quest mobs. I won't go in there to do dailies unless I'm in a full group, lol.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to seaquake
Their tongues often get burned off by my fire sorry.
Same with the shackles.

The fire is so hot they get destroyed most of the time.

there you go some reason for the bad drop rates.