how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Killersaurus

join:2012-09-17

1 recommendation

Internet Only Here

I'm one of those people paying for internet-only service from Time Warner. Sure, I could get cable and phone for "a little bit" more, but I don't want to pay more. I want to pay as little as possible.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Brighton, MA

2 recommendations

I just don't want those other services. They would go unused.

LadyL
Premium
join:2002-09-18
Lorain, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Same here...I use my tv with a dvd player to watch 130 tv series and 3000+ movies in my collection . I rarely use my cellphone and very few landline calls are made. I won't give up my landline either. Bundling with TW is still more expensive than the 3 services I pay for separately with 3 different providers.
BTW, I haven't watched tv - regular or cable since 2006.
--
Lonnie

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
reply to Killersaurus

And that 'a little bit more' is on a promotional price. It goes WAY up after that. Have you looked how much those fools charge for voice? My AT&T landline has never even approached that much.

(If you make hundreds of hours of LD calls per month, it might make sense. But that's what VoIP plans, Skype, and *cell phones* are for. )

tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Speakeasy
reply to ArrayList

Ditto here...

I've use minimal DVR'd SAT package plus OTA for my limited TV viewing.

My crappy AT&T POTS service, is gone for good.. Same goes their xDSL service..
I'm considering taking down the obsolete overhead wires connecting the pole to my house.
That service was replaced by cell phones and Blue tooth XLINK Bttn gateway.

Internet, tethered through cell phone. (Because of crippled xDSL, I never got into the habit of watching too much Youtube.)

Cut my monthly expenses by over 50%.

I'm NOT going back.

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to cramer

I have internet only from Comcast. I have Performance and that is all I need. I don't watch that much TV and when I do, it's Netflix instant streaming. I have tons of video sources I can use to past my time. YouTube, Justin, Twitch, Netflix, and whatever else is out there.