All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy to zallow

to zallow

Re: [TV] Possible to use DCT6416/2000 from Shaw BC on Cogeco Ont

I'm a former installer (just left Oct 5), and unfortunately, no, they will not activate it.

If the serial number and unit address aren't in Cogecos database, they will not activate it under any circumstances.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

said by coaxguy:

I'm a former installer (just left Oct 5), and unfortunately, no, they will not activate it.

If the serial number and unit address aren't in Cogecos database, they will not activate it under any circumstances.

Perhaps there's something different about the equipment I have, but I activated a basic Shaw receiver (DCT400?) on Cogeco. So perhaps it's the one the OP is asking about that absolutely won't be activated, but Shaw equipment, in my case, CAN be activated.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by Styvas:

Perhaps there's something different about the equipment I have, but I activated a basic Shaw receiver (DCT400?) on Cogeco. So perhaps it's the one the OP is asking about that absolutely won't be activated, but Shaw equipment, in my case, CAN be activated.

DCT700 I think? And yeah, some people have managed to get DCX3400s or whatever the Shaw PVRs used on the mountain are working, while others have not been so lucky. CableCARDs are when things get really interesting. They just enter them as DCT2000s in the system for activation.

Unless there is a very recent (in the last year or so?) policy change, coaxguy is simply mistaken. It happens to the best of us.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

said by Gone:

said by Styvas:

DCT700 I think? And yeah, some people have managed to get DCX3400s or whatever the Shaw PVRs used on the mountain are working, while others have not been so lucky. CableCARDs are when things get really interesting. They just enter them as DCT2000s in the system for activation.

Unless there is a very recent (in the last year or so?) policy change, coaxguy is simply mistaken. It happens to the best of us.

Yeah, it's the 700. I just logged in and looked it up.