spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA

[Thunderbird] How do I synchronize Outlook address?

How do I synchronize my emails from Outlook to Thunderbird with out having to type them in one by one into Thunderbird???

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

Are you looking to use both Outlook and Thunderbird at the same time, or are you looking to move from Outlook to Thunderbird?

If its a move you want, go under the Tools Menu, and select "Import". As long as outlook is installed on your system, you can point the wizard to the PST files, and it will import your address book and mail into Thunderbird.

If however, you want to run both Outlook and Thunderbird at the same time on the same machine, I'm not sure if there is a way to synch changes between the two. I suppose you could do the above steps over and over, but it would move everything, and not just the changes.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

floydb1982

Kent, WA

No I don't have the Outlook program on my computer. I've been checking, sending, and reading email's from Hotmail. Now I'm using the new Outlook online service that Microsoft replaced Hotmail with. I want to synchronize my address book from the online Outlook to Thunderbird without having to type them one by one in Thunderbird.

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
reply to floydb1982

I don't use the service, but I did some looking around and I came across this link.

»www.guidingtech.com/14576/backup···oo-mail/

It talks about exporting your contacts from outlook.com, which I think is the same as what you are talking about.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

floydb1982

Kent, WA

I was able to do from the information said, but it went horrible wrong doing so. After all After importing into Thunderbird it didn't import the names of each email address or some of the email address's at all .

Well anyway at least you try to give me some helpful information. It's the thought that counts.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to floydb1982

Perhaps this will help:

Switching from Outlook 2007 to Thunderbird
»support.mozillamessaging.com/en-···nderbird
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

floydb1982

Kent, WA

That won't work because I don't have Office 2007 that Outlook comes with. The last version of Office I ever used was Office XP and that was when I had Windows XP Professional 32-bit edition back in 2003 before switching over to OpenOffice.

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
reply to floydb1982

Sorry to hear that it did not go well. Hopefully things are still in place inside of outlook.com / hotmail on the web so if someone comes up with another option, you could try again.

During the process, did you get any kind of errors or warnings that could indicate why things did not work?

--Brian