how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to smerrikin

Re: Dear Marc...

You better read the Rogers forums on dsl reports. Everyone in Ottawa is also having problems with Rogers. Switching likely won't accomplish anything.

amd7674

join:2007-02-19
Nepean, ON

said by ChuckcZar :

You better read the Rogers forums on dsl reports. Everyone in Ottawa is also having problems with Rogers. Switching likely won't accomplish anything.

Can you please point me to thread about "everyone in Ottawa" has Rogers problems? I only find one thread with 7 posts in it?

I'm in Nepean (like mlerner) and I don't havy any problems with Distributel using 5120 modem on 18mb service. However my in-laws are down in downtown Ottawa since last Tuesday (8th day today). TSI is sending 2nd Rogers technician this Friday. Last technician said cable signal was good, even was too strong. He even installed 8db attenuator to make signal to be within tolerate specs. He left and said "check your modem in a hour"... the modem still is not working. I tried my 5120 at their house and it doesn't work. However both modems work at my house (Fallowfield POI) Barrhaven. They are on St.Laurent POI.
My friend who is 2 blocks away is on 6120 with Acanac, no issues too.

Not sure what is going on, but it seems Rogers did something to POI (St.Laurent) causing this outage for my in laws. They had perefectly working internet for a year or so, and one day it stopped working... I know the modem is provisioned correctly becasue it works at my house (different POI). Also modem logs shows a lot of DHCP and SYNC errors/warnings... Rogers did something and the 48hrs response time it makes TSI/Distributel/Acanac (all 3rd party) suppliers really BAD... and use customer really frustrated...