spc
uniqs
pappasbike
join:2005-02-18
Baltimore, MD

pappasbike to pflog

to pflog

Re: [Business] Business internet with double play bundle for TV/

>>Finally, I'm assuming CDV works with security systems? If not, I may just look into eliminating my phone line all together and paying to have the security system use a cell connection if the price is reasonable.

There won't be a problem with this but you may have to get your alarm people to come out and change the connection. I did and everything works perfectly. If you get a knowledgeable Comcast tech to do the installation he/she can probably take care of it. Also if you're not in a contract period with your alarm/monitoring service you might want to consider Comcast's own security service. It's now available in my area, if it had been earlier I would have gone with it. Pretty reasonable pricing.

My service also has the cell phone module option but it adds about $10 to the monthly fee so we use the phone connection through Comcast.

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ
Netgear CM1150V
Netgear R7800

mb6

I would highly recommend the alarm system cellular connection option over Comcast Digital Voice. Sandy took down the cable network (along with the electricity) here very quickly and for several days. The cell sight never went down and my alarm system cellular connection ran for 4 days until it's backup battery died.

Donut
join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI

Donut to pappasbike

to pappasbike
We have Comcast Digital Voice at work. Although it took a lot of work Guardian Alarm works with Comcast Digital Voice.