Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Brom

Premium Member

to Brom

Re: [game] When will then be now

I had a great defending myself from Gogg, it was a lot of fun.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem

Premium Member

Tip for lie detectors: when hunting GFs, you have to get more creative as there is no logical reason why lie detecting a GF saying "I am town" should come back any different than a cop investigating them. They show up innocent to all investigators.

You should have squeezed him into an action claim and get him on that like with Kristopher. For all the role claiming going on, ekster was able to get you guys to ignore pressuring him for a role. Lie detecting something besides alignment is the key.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Also, don't announce to the world you are a lie detector since day 1.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

JOBBIE! DO YOU WIN WITH THE TOWN?! I AM NOT THE LIE DETECTOR!

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor

Premium Member

My first IM to Modem:

Whoa! Sweet!

Okay... first power to create will be... Syrup Eradicator: You dissolve all of ekster's syrup with SCIENCE! (Don't ask how it works, dammit! I'm an scientist, not an explaineroraer--something like that!) The effect is that it makes ekster or any other Canadian (confirmed or wannabe), of your choosing, go crazy, blocking him from doing any actions for the night.

If approved, I want to give it to Archivis.

My second IM to Modem:

Damn.

Alright, hrmmmm... Syrup Projectile Launcher: this device takes ekster's newly acquired syrup and re-purposes the tasty condiment into JUSTICE! You may only use Canada's favorite waffle coater for JUSTICE! once, as to use it repeatedly would be offensive. (In Layman's terms, you may vig shot someone).

If this passes, I would like to give it to ekster.

When I saw the flavor for how I died, I laughed myself silly. Bastard clown.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

JOBBIE! DO YOU WIN WITH THE TOWN?! I AM NOT THE LIE DETECTOR!

said by Jobbie:

said by Krisnatharok:

said by tmodelt:

I got innocent on Ekster

dafuq

Why don't you ask tmo if he is town

I am the lie detector detector, two games in a row.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
said by DrModem:

You should have squeezed him into an action claim and get him on that like with Kristopher. For all the role claiming going on, ekster was able to get you guys to ignore pressuring him for a role. Lie detecting something besides alignment is the key.

Yeah, it was getting kind of tough to pull off my watcher claim as I had to make sure to wording of the posts never said anything about me actually being a watcher... just merely stated the actions that I was sure of.
But man, Krisnatharok could've easily nailed me when kristopher said 'Yeah, ekster is my partner' after he got lynched. I wanted to f'king kill him as it would've been impossible to defend against.

And GG. The set up was a bit hard to go against at the end, but the challenge was still fun. I'm surprised I even managed to stay alive so long and kept skirting away while getting to L-1.

And this could've probably been easily won if Arch knew how to count to 5.

Thanks for the game, Modem.

And sorry Gogg... I didn't want to shoot you with the awesomeness of syrup... but you were a witness and had to die.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Vote: Jobbie!
Chaplain

Chaplain to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
EKSTER IS MY PARTNER! AND HE IS CANADIAN!

That would have tripped him up.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

Goggalor to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

And sorry Gogg... I didn't want to shoot you with the awesomeness of syrup... but you were a witness and had to die.

It was my own fault for not building in a failsafe... or, at the very least, trying to get it with Modem approval.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

1 edit

ekster to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
I normally prefer the lie detectors that lose the power if found out, and who can't ask obvious questions like 'do you win with town'.

Creative detecting like nailing Kris on his protection targets is the way to go!
ekster

ekster to Goggalor

Premium Member

to Goggalor
It was pretty creative though. When I saw Modem actually use the justice syrup in the flavour, I was 100% sure that I was dead. Can't believe everyone just ignored it

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by ekster:

It was pretty creative though. When I saw Modem actually use the justice syrup in the flavour, I was 100% sure that I was dead. Can't believe everyone just ignored it

I didn't, but didn't care who won so I didn't follow up on it.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
said by Chaplain:

EKSTER IS MY PARTNER! AND HE IS CANADIAN!

That would have tripped him up.

Only problem there is it becomes obvious you are dodging a lie detector after a few of those posts.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

DO YOU WIN WITH THE TOWN?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
It's a good way to get a townie lynched if you're about to die, though

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Also, don't announce to the world you are a lie detector since day 1.

didn't really shorten my life. i died on the last night.
Krisnatharok

Krisnatharok to DrModem

Premium Member

to DrModem
said by DrModem:

Tip for lie detectors: when hunting GFs, you have to get more creative as there is no logical reason why lie detecting a GF saying "I am town" should come back any different than a cop investigating them. They show up innocent to all investigators.

I don't know how I feel about this... Showing up on a cop investigation should be different than passing a lie-detector. Perhaps a "cold blooded mafia" role able to pass any lie detector?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
You only really lived because Arch got mod-killed and Kristopher got found out early on though. We tried to kill you the second the 'do you win with town' posts popped up. You just got lucky and survived on the second night... and then became of no consequences as I had to remove the more dangerous players like Jim who just wanted to lynch me no matter what.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Jim was a problem from the get go. He had me dead to rights, and had you as well. I shook my fist at his hobo avatar many times this game. Well played Jim. Well played.