Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil

Re: The price of Apple products

I'm over the whole fixing computers thing. That was cool in 1990 but not today. When it comes to getting work done, I'd rather spend more on a Snap-On or a Mac wrench than a cheap crappy jaw spreading nut rounder from Sears. It's cheaper in the short term but you end up having to do more work in the long run.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and wha they like/don't like.

For me, at this time, I can't see spending 1000 bucks or more on a computer. Though my last home built PC did cost about a grand to build. But it's lasted me 5 years, and it'll have to last a few years more.
My kids PCs were cheap at the time [we weren't going to spend a lot of money that 8 year old kids were going to use]. The computers survived 5 years of abuse, and will shortly be retired. Replaced again, by a low priced computer.

We do have plan to get them Macs when they hit college. Mainly so they'll fit in with the other kids and have a "kool" factor.

As for doing a lot of work on the windows computers in my home, I've actually had to do very little. So I am often "surprised" when I read about te problems people have with their computers. Apparently, the ones in my home aren't being used correctly, as they are pretty much problem free.

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine

said by Snakeoil:

We do have plan to get them Macs when they hit college. Mainly so they'll fit in with the other kids and have a "kool" factor.

I have two boys who graduated recently. When they started, they were the only ones who did NOT have Mac desktops or notebooks and that was 5-6 years ago.