uniqs
share rss forum feed

jacour
Premium
join:2001-12-11
Matthews, NC
reply to jacour

Re: [IE] Troubleshooting IE9 pages don't load

I think something might be borked with my IE install. Is there a way to force a repair / reinstall of just IE9 without doing through the whole Windows recovery console thing?

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

Click for full size
said by jacour:

I think something might be borked with my IE install. Is there a way to force a repair / reinstall of just IE9 without doing through the whole Windows recovery console thing?

I've never used it, but if you go into Internet Options, and then the Advanced Tab, there is a button called "Reset" (see 1st picture).

According to the description, it should reset IE settings back to their default condition. You could give that a try and see what happens.

As far as a re-install of IE, if you go into the control panel, and then select programs, then "View Installed Updates", Windows Internet Explorer 9 should be listed in there (see 2nd picture). You should be able to uninstall it at that point, and put you back to IE8.

I've also never done this, but that is how I think it should work!

Once you remove IE9, I would recommend downloading and installing the offline version from Microsoft, which can be found at the link below (unless you already have it saved locally)

»windows.microsoft.com/en-US/inte···anguages

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

jacour
Premium
Matthews, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to jacour

Yeah, I have already done the reset.

I am about to try the roll-back to IE8 even though I have never used it on this box. It is a recent purchase and I have only used IE9 (which behaved itself for five months).

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL

If you do the roll-back to IE8, you could try the site in IE8 and see if it works.

Then, re-install IE9 and see how that works out.

--Brian

jacour
Premium
Matthews, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Well it all turn out kind of messy. I rolled back to IE8 (it didn't work there either) but then I was stuck because IE9 would not reinstall, either from Win Update or a manual download. I finally got it reinstalled, but it was a pain!

In the meantime, I got my wife a new Lenovo computer ordered via FF and I will try it with that because it is a pristine new machine right from the factory.

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL

It sounds like there may be more going on with your system then. As I said, I've never done that step to remove IE9 once I install it, but I would think it would just be a simple process like any other program.

In the end, did that fix your problem with IE 9? You mentioned that you used Firefox to order your wife's new computer from Lenovo, so I'm thinking you still have the problem.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail