All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ahda

join:2012-11-15

[DSL] line installed and working but not activated

Two technicians came on Nov 9th and installed my line, my modem hasn't arrived yet at the time so they tested with theirs to confirm the install was successful and told me that as soon as mine arrived I can just plug in and log in to start my internet service. My modem finally arrived and when I plugged it in to enter my username and password it says the login is incorrect. Called Teksavvy and was told that my activation date has been moved from Nov 9th to Nov 20th (without my getting notified), and ask me to confirm that I will be home 12-9pm again on Nov 20th next week to send Bell to come over to do the exact same install that has already been done last week. So here's my concern:

1. Why is my activation date moved without me getting any notification? Because internet is essential to what I do I have arranged everything including paying for early access to get into the building in order to make absolutely sure that internet would be up and running by the time I moved in. No effort to contact me has been attempted at all of activation postponing.
2. Why do technicians need to be sent in to do the installation job that's already been done? My connection is up, the indicator light on modem is solid green, it's just a switch somewhere remotely to activate my service that should've been activated a week ago. I cannot afford to take another day off work to wait 12-9 for the technicians to come for a job that is already done, it's a waste of human resource for technicians too.

I would like to know any possible way to have my account activated as early as possible on a service that's already installed and should've been activated a week ago.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:22
Thats weird why they would want to reschedule techs to come in when you already have DSL signal.

They should just activate the login itself and let you use the net.

Bugblndr

join:2010-03-02
Burlington, ON
reply to ahda
I'd post this and your account details in the direct forum. They should be able to fix you up in 5 minutes considering you already have service.

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:4
reply to ahda
Hello ahda,

Please PM me your account details or post in the Direct Forum and I will look into what's going on for this account.

Thanks,
TsiPaul

TSI Paul
Business Services Rep
Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:4
reply to ahda
Hello,

Glad to see you are now online.
I see you online now. Glad to be able to help you.

Thanks,
Tsi-Paul

ahda

join:2012-11-15
Yay I am online!

So the problem for me was that I entered my username/password when the modem prompted me for it as soon as I connected to it, after I've entered my login on that setup page it directed me to, it would fail with message "Sorry, the User ID and/or Access Password you entered does not match our records.", while instead I should have manually entered my username/password at 192.168.2.1 , which isn't obvious without any instruction at all. (Shouldn't there be like a welcome package enplaning this procedure?)

The teksavvy tech support agent I first phoned really dropped the ball, he erroneously believe that my service's activation date has been postponed and insisted that in order to reactivate he should booked me to have technician come by to redo the installation from 12-9pm again, even after I've asked him a couple times "are you sure two technicians needed to be sent to do the exact same installation again?".

TSI Paul has been very tentative and great help, my impression of Teksavvy has turned around and am now more confident of its service knowing that there are helpful hands like him around. Thanks bunches!