how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skipig

join:2011-11-22
Parker, CO

Just seize them

Why doesn't the administration just seize them (and all the other network providers as well)? Give Internet connectivity and television away free. What use do they serve? The governement can run the network, control the content (especially Fox), employ a whole bunch more people (because we wouldn't have to worry about efficiency), eliminate the profit motive and take Wall Street out of the equation.

SlowFITL

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by Skipig:

Why doesn't the administration just seize them (and all the other network providers as well)? Give Internet connectivity and television away free. What use do they serve? The governement can run the network, control the content (especially Fox), employ a whole bunch more people (because we wouldn't have to worry about efficiency), eliminate the profit motive and take Wall Street out of the equation.

Sounds like a great plan to me. Let's start a petition on the white house website. We could call it Obama Connect. LOL

I'm kidding of course!

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to Skipig

Oh and you can name the new network stalin.net?

delltechkid

join:2004-11-09
Hermitage, TN
reply to Skipig

You only think this is funny because where you live you have more than one option for internet. In rural areas, what AT&T is planning to do is terrible. Let's hope a private provider can step in without AT&T suing or helping to regulate them out of business.

AT&T hates regulations, unless it's state laws that prevent competition.

delusion ftl

@comcast.net
reply to Skipig

This MUST be a joke. I cannot fathom this comment being anything more than a piece of sarcasm.

If it is not then the intelligence of the electorate is doomed.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to delltechkid

said by delltechkid:

You only think this is funny because where you live you have more than one option for internet. In rural areas, what AT&T is planning to do is terrible...

In my small cities, cable is the only best broadband service available. I can't get DSL and FIOS. Slow and limited satellite and dial-up exist, but why?

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to delltechkid

Indeed. And its all possible because of the FCC and Michael Powell. When they let the Telcos get away with raping all the upstart DSL providers and killed the second hand DSL...
--
dnoyeB
"Then said I, Wisdom [is] better than strength: nevertheless the poor man's wisdom [is] despised, and his words are not heard. " Ecclesiastes 9:16