Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GroovyPhoenx

join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON
reply to Sukunai

Re: Opinions (online that is)

I like to think that because the internet has made it easier to read/research/educate oneself that this has made us more informed and more educated on matters which while not personally affecting us will cause you to react or think or form an opinion.

Where as in the past, television and newspapers were our only venue to gather data, we now have the internet, this in turn allows us to learn and express ourselves.

Social networks such as facebook and yes even the mostly dead MySpace have allowed us to more easily and freely share our views.

Facebook has not only "your thoughts" but it has a "comment" field, expressing yoru own idea is inviting more communication to occur.

Even though it is for the most part anonymous, expressing your ideas on a blog or a comment on facebook etc. All of these are now possible and make it easier!

Sure, some comments you read are "dumb" your thinking "Stupid idiot" when reading that some guy thinks its cool a dog got dragged or what have you, point is, its a new ofrm of expressing yourself, and in the safe way. Id much rather the idiot who thinks its cool to harm dogs be in his home typing then dragging a dog.

I'd much rather be able to view and express my own views on matters which won't affect me then not HAVE that ability.

So in short, the price of progress is that stupidity becomes much easier to sniff out! *grin*

Secyurityet
Premium
join:2012-01-07
untied state
said by GroovyPhoenx:

I like to think that because the internet has made it easier to read/research/educate oneself that this has made us more informed and more educated on matters which while not personally affecting us will cause you to react or think or form an opinion.

Where as in the past, television and newspapers were our only venue to gather data, we now have the internet, this in turn allows us to learn and express ourselves.

//redacted for brevity//

Sure, some comments you read are "dumb" your thinking "Stupid idiot" when reading that some guy thinks its cool a dog got dragged or what have you, point is, its a new ofrm of expressing yourself, and in the safe way. Id much rather the idiot who thinks its cool to harm dogs be in his home typing then dragging a dog.

//bredacted//

Think of it as cruising thru an intellectual garbage dump. Most of what you find is pure crap, but occasionally, you'll pull out a real gem!