Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to urbanriot

Re: GTA is Full of Them - Another "My Rights Are More Impor

said by urbanriot:

Latex or nitrile gloves have nothing to do with avoiding intimacy and his point still stands regardless of your suggestion. Your response is not a valid counter point as he referred to 'intimacy' and you referred to 'contamination'.

What intimacy? The woman wanted a haircut in a public barber shop. Its not like he was giving her a rubdown massage in the back room...

Seriously, this is something that the religions should talk about and amend, especially with "globalization" and multiculturalism all over the world...

Its really ass backwards...
--

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by HiVolt:

What intimacy? The woman wanted a haircut in a public barber shop. Its not like he was giving her a rubdown massage in the back room...

One single person's definition of intimacy is not necessarily universal.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Even handshakes are not allowed, and this is just as true in Orthodox Jewish practice as in Islam.

-------------------------------------

In the US we have a famous Army General (and recently resigned CIA director) who wished he'd followed such practices, instead of going the other way.

Moslems look at western societies and shake their heads in disbelief....

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
said by PX Eliezer70:

... just as we do the same to them.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by Gone:

said by PX Eliezer70:

... just as we do the same to them.

Reminds one of the Star Trek Next Generation episode where there is a planet Kesprit. Instead of being a unified planet (as have been all others applying to the Federation), Kesprit has two sovereignties (Kes and Prit) that are quite incompatible.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

... okay, you can relax and note that my post was concerning someone else's point and it wasn't my original point at all; no, instead I was reading and correcting someone else.

In any case, Islamic tradition forbids a woman from displaying her hair to a man that is not her immediate kin so it's only understandable that a devout Islamic man would respect that.

It may ease your hysterics to know there are less devout male hairdressers in more moderate Islamic areas that will cut the hair of women so there's no need for you to go on and on about 'religions' as it's not a view that's shared by everyone who's religious.

It's strange how intolerant people are, when they refer to intolerance.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
said by urbanriot:

... okay, you can relax and note that my post was concerning someone else's point and it wasn't my original point at all; no, instead I was reading and correcting someone else.

In any case, Islamic tradition forbids a woman from displaying her hair to a man that is not her immediate kin so it's only understandable that a devout Islamic man would respect that.

It may ease your hysterics to know there are less devout male hairdressers in more moderate Islamic areas that will cut the hair of women so there's no need for you to go on and on about 'religions' as it's not a view that's shared by everyone who's religious.

It's strange how intolerant people are, when they refer to intolerance.

Its just that such archaic customs & traditions just make Muslims a laughing stock from the rest of the modern world, especially when those customs & traditions are brought into societies without such restrictions and locals are obviously bothered by them and that they are expected to respect them...

Seriously, this isn't the middle ages... There have been other cultures that have reformed their way of life as they evolved into a more modern society...

Time to reform and modernize a bit... And this isnt just a rag against Muslims, but other groups & religions with such cultural oddities...
--

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by HiVolt:

Its just that such archaic customs & traditions just make Muslims a laughing stock from the rest of the modern world, especially when those customs & traditions are brought into societies without such restrictions and locals are obviously bothered by them and that they are expected to respect them...

It seems more like intolerant people going out of their way to make a huge issue out of the beliefs of others or googling the most obscure thing they can dredge up and feebly using it as an example.

Not sure where the 'rest of the modern world is' in your mind, but more than 1/5 of the world is Muslim and plenty of those people are in Canada and the United States.

I hate to tell you that the only person that comes off is a laughing stock are the people like yourself that go out of their way to display their intolerance to everyone else. At least the barbers that are the focus of your intolerance keep it within the privacy of their own business.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
And then there are the people who engage in ad hominem attacks rather than engaging in rational debate.

G'nite all.

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
said by MaynardKrebs:

And then there are the people who engage in ad hominem attacks rather than engaging in rational debate.

Best example of "pot. kettle. black." I've seen in a long time. G'night!

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to urbanriot
said by urbanriot:

It seems more like intolerant people going out of their way to make a huge issue out of the beliefs of others or googling the most obscure thing they can dredge up and feebly using it as an example.

Not sure where the 'rest of the modern world is' in your mind, but more than 1/5 of the world is Muslim and plenty of those people are in Canada and the United States.

I hate to tell you that the only person that comes off is a laughing stock are the people like yourself that go out of their way to display their intolerance to everyone else. At least the barbers that are the focus of your intolerance keep it within the privacy of their own business.

I was referring to the Middle East & countries where Islam is the majority religion...

I'd like to be tolerant dude... But soon everything is gonna be an issue, because it offends someone's religious or old-country customs... I frankly don't care a flying fig what goes on in the country of origin, practice whatever voodoo you like, but try to respect the general way of life here...

Some already had the balls to ask Canada to respect Sharia Law... What's next?
--