uniqs
share rss forum feed

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to karimh

Re: bell sagemcom urgent

said by karimh:

hello guys, its the first time i post here and im in desperate need for help...
so basically i had the bell internet using a sagemcom fast 2864 modem/wireless router, however i changed the provider cuz bell is way more expensive so now im with electronic box and
im using a wired modem and i would like to use the sagemcom fast 2864 as a WIRELESS ROUTER ONLY instead of buying a new router..
if this is possible please tell me how to do it step by step
thanks

Either way, Bell will ask you to return the modem or charge you for it... I would rather get a better wireless router then the Sagemcom...

karimh

join:2012-11-15
Montreal, QC

They charged me for the sagemcom when they installed the internet for me a while ago... But its also a good idea to re-sell it

QuantumPimp

join:2012-02-19

I've never heard of Bell charging for a Sagemcom during installation.

kovy

reply to karimh

said by karimh:

They charged me for the sagemcom when they installed the internet for me a while ago... But its also a good idea to re-sell it

They charged you a one time LOCATION fee... you better read your bill or charged you activation fee.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

said by kovy:

said by karimh:

They charged you a one time LOCATION fee... you better read your bill or charged you activation fee.

Actually, I think its a one time RENTAL fee.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

kovy

said by HeadSpinning:

said by kovy:

said by karimh:

Actually, I think its a one time RENTAL fee.

Sorry Location in french, so rental in english.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

said by kovy:

Sorry Location in french, so rental in english.

Yes, in English, the word "location" means something completely different.
--

The Doctor

join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc
reply to QuantumPimp

They charged 99$ rental fee for the modem but we get amount credited back.
But we do not own the modem.

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

rental fee? as in $99 per month? are you sure?

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

Bell has a one time rental fee that they credit back. Not sure why they do it that way.
--

AsherN
Premium
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

said by HeadSpinning:

Bell has a one time rental fee that they credit back. Not sure why they do it that way.

Because they can't give them away, but don't want to charge for them. They could rent them for $1.00/month and then give you a $1.00/month credit, or lower the cost of the connection by $1.00/month. But it is far easier on the books to have a single offsetting entry for each account.