spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xmd

join:2009-06-25
Carlsbad, CA

[TWC] TWC Business Class offering Wideband 35/5 and 50/5 - Wooho

I've had TWCBC (Time Warner Cable Business Class) internet at 15/2 for just about two years, and have been hoping for faster service, and frustrated that they haven't had anything. I've been close to jumping ship to uverse or carrier pigeon or moving to Kansas. (kidding)

I just noticed today that TWCBC now offers "wideband" with speeds of 35/5 and 50/5.

Pricing is vague, says "From $320/month" - however I should note that on the Business Class services, it's possible to bargain, as they have to compete with other providers such as ATT Uverse.

Real-world example: I'm currently paying TWCBC about $100/month for 15/2, even though that was advertised as being a $300+ service at the time I signed up.

Link: »www.twcbc.com/West/Products/Prod ··· net.ashx

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

Re: [TWC] TWC Business Class offering Wideband 35/5 and 50/5 - W

I tried clicking on your link and it didn't work for me. It goes to a TWC BC page but says the following "We're sorry, the page or file you requested could not be found.
Please use your browser's back button or click here to return home."

xmd

Carlsbad, CA
Try »www.twcbc.com/West/Products/Inte ··· ult.ashx - you may need to enter a zip code first.

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH
Reviews:
·Cincinnati Bell
·ViaTalk
·Time Warner Cable
reply to xmd
I am sure it is possible. My wife work furnishes Business class for her to work at home. She has a 10/1 connection. Also think she has static ip. The cost is around $65. How they got that price I don't know. Rates in this market start at $79.99 for 5m x 512k. Maybe the large amounts of accounts under 1 bill helped. I don't know.

But like all good things they are going to stop providing it for free. She has to furnish her own connection soon. They said they can just transfer the account to her. That is how we know the price.

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:14
reply to xmd
Click "Order Now" in the top right corner. With a 3-yr contract and a dynamic IP it's showing me 35x5 for $320 and 50x5 for $385. With a 1-yr it's an extra $30/mo for either. Static IPs start at $25/mo for 1.

/M

xmd

Carlsbad, CA
I called them up and the best discount they would give me is $290/month for the 35/5 speeds with a 5 year commitment.

I'm going to keep trying to talk them down on price, as in the past I was able to negotiate a $299 price down to $99, so I would think that they have some room to bargain here.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:6
reply to xmd
Here in the northeast, same speed packages except it says From $ 229.99 per month

EDIT- With only a 3 year commit.