Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

davidnewt

join:2009-08-10
Conroe, TX

[Equipment] Dialplan configuration for OBI100

I would like to replace my old SPA3000 with OBI100. I am trying to figure out how the OBI100 dialplan works comparing to SPA3000 (or any Linksys/Sipura device). Here is my SPA3000 dialplan:

In this dialplan, basically, calls starting with 00 and 011 go to gw1, all other calls go to the registered sip account (6xx calls my internal Asterisk extensions).

For OBI100, I do not use OBI service, nor GV. The sip1 registers to my Asterisk server, sip2 registers to a service provider as backup, gateway3 is for another service provider. Right now, I am confused about the DigitalMap and OutboundCallRoute under PhonePort in OBI100. I want to achieve the same thing as my SPA3000: calls starting 00 or 011 go to gateway3, calls starting * goes to sip2, all other calls go to sip1. But it is not as easy as I thought. Right now, the DigtalMap under PhonePort is:

and OutboundCallRoute is:

With this, I can dial **3xxx. to make calls through gateway3, **2xxx. goes to sip2, other call goes to sip1. I tried to replace **3 to 00 or 011, but not working. My questions are:

1. how OBI100 process the calls, starting DigtialMap or OutboundCallRoute?

2. how to configure to make it work for 011|00 calls go to gateway3 to match the dialplan for my SPA3000?

Thanks a lot in advance.

hwittenb

join:2003-12-20
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
davidnewt,

1. how OBI100 process the calls, starting DigtialMap or OutboundCallRoute?
The OBi manual describes the DigitMap as:
A digit map serves to transform and restrict the number that may be dialed or called, and determine if sufficient digits have been dialed by the user to form a complete number. Each map is composed of one more rules surrounded by parentheses (which MUST NOT be omitted).

The Obi manual describes the OutboundCallRoute as:
It tells the device where to send the call when the endpoint attempts to make a call.

2. how to configure to make it work for 011|00 calls go to gateway3 to match the dialplan for my SPA3000?

The elements in the SPA3K dial plan you refer to are
which send a call starting with 00 to @gw1 and
which changes a call starting with 011 to 00 and then sends the call to gw1

For the OBi I would put the 011 to 00 transformation in the DigitMap and put the outbound 00 routing in the Outbound Call Route for the Phone Port. If you are using the AA you would also have to put the additions in the Automated Attendant DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

DigitMap:
add this element
OutboundCallRoute
i.e. in your DigitMap
in your OutboundCallRoute

I tested it and it appears to work.

sokhapkin
Premium
join:2003-05-08
North Fort Myers, FL
reply to davidnewt
Offtopic: Why do you bother with ATA dialplan when you run asterisk server???
--
»www.callwithus.com

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
said by sokhapkin:

A guess: He doesn't want the phones to entirely depend on the * box being up.

davidnewt

Conroe, TX
reply to hwittenb
hwittenb: Thanks a lot for your help. Now I understand how OBI handles dialplan. Your setting works very well for me, except one typo in your code: {(00xx.:vg3)} should be changed to {(00xx.):vg3}.

davidnewt

Conroe, TX
reply to garys_2k
said by garys_2k:

said by sokhapkin:

A guess: He doesn't want the phones to entirely depend on the * box being up.

You are right, the dialplan in ATA is for backup in case * fails.