how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tuffcalc

join:2012-08-04

From Cable (28/1) to DSL (25/10)

Hi there,

Can anyone comment on their DSL 25/10 service? I'm currently running PLEX at home and would like to stream two 4.0MB/s PLEX streams to my father and sisters home. Obviously I can't do this with my current 28/1MB upload speeds on cable (was hoping for something more but it doesn't look like even if Tek gets the upgraded tiers that will be available).

I figure I will blow through the caps pretty easily so I will get the unlimited plan.

Is 10MB/s up on the DSL 25/10 true 10MB/s up? (Can I support two simultaneous 4MB/s up streams?)

Thanks!

TSILiz
Premium
join:2012-08-20
kudos:6

Hi There,

I'll let others give their personal experience on their 25/10 connections, on the other side of things have you already had your address qualified to make sure it is available? If not please message us in the Direct Forum and we will give you the breakdown of everything involved.

Have a great day!
Liz

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Tuffcalc

It is true 10mbps up, providing the line can support 10... If not, it'll be 7meg, as Bell only has 25/7 and 25/10 profiles...

I stream an 8mbps stream from my Slingbox (that's what the slingbox maxes out at) and it looks great.