how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rcowen

join:2012-10-31
Farmington, MI

[Phone] Message waiting lamp no longer working + EasyGadget ques

I switched from AT&T to BH for phone and Internet two weeks ago (already have it for TV). The message waiting lamp on my phone stopped working two days ago. All lamps on the phone work fine. I still get a broken dial tone when a message is left. I replaced the batteries in the phone but no change. We had a 4 1/2 hour power outage the night prior to the change. Would that have caused the problem?

Additional question about EasyGadget on PC. I have it in the system tray. Is it supposed to flash or open a pop-up window when a voice message is received? If not, I think it would be very helpful if it did so.

thank you in advance for any/all comments & suggestions.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:138

Re: [Phone] Message waiting lamp no longer working + EasyGadget

Have you power cycled your phone? Meaning unplugged it? Also is the message currently on your voicemail old or new...

rcowen

join:2012-10-31
Farmington, MI

Yes, I've power cycled and replaced the 3 AA batteries. It's an RCA two line desk phone. The last time this happened (was with AT&T), the phone company had updated their central office switch software and the message waiting lamp was gone for about a year. It returned when the CO software was updated again. BHN has scheduled a tech to visit on Monday. I just powered down the modem and removed the battery for 30 seconds. I have not tested the message waiting lamp again, yet.

It would be great if the EasyGadget flashed or popped-up when a message was received. That would have been a life-saver when the the lamp was not functional during AT&T's software problems. It would be a good "plan B" in case the current problem has a similar cause.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to rcowen

You have a tech scheduled so lets see how it goes after that.

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

Gary, I'm tagging onto this thread as recently Easy Gadget has NOT been opening a dialog box when the phone rings?

Stopped doing this a few days ago. TV works though?

Suggestions?
--
Irv Spalten

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ispalten:

Gary, I'm tagging onto this thread as recently Easy Gadget has NOT been opening a dialog box when the phone rings?

Stopped doing this a few days ago. TV works though?

Suggestions?

Not relevant to his issue create a new thread or open a direct thread or contact CARE.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~