how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sfl0w

join:2010-07-20
Birmingham, AL
reply to sandman_1

Re: [Newsgroups] DMCA catching up to Usenet?

Please stop giving the piracy trolls credit openly on the forums and mentioning them by name, we don't want to do anything to give credence to them trying to disrupt the Usenet, and that includes giving them a bump in their website's SEO. Best not to even acknowledge them.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23

Who says I am giving them credit? All I was pointing out was that it was people that favored sites like NZBMatrix who are shooting themselves in the foot. The Morganelli Group only exploits this ease of use.

And who cares if you mention them by name? Are you scared the boogey man is going to get you or something? I could care less what they think about me. I feel it is best for people to know who they are up against. It is best to, "Know thy Enemy", as they say, wouldn't you agree?

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

Unfortunately you're also helping them advertise as DSLR is a frequently crawled and cached website that often appears near the top of search results.

sandman_1

join:2011-04-23

You really don't think they have already contacted and advertised their services to these content companies? They are already known to the industry my friend.

newster

join:2011-09-26

The guy is a gigantic liar, promising "We 100% stop piracy on the Usenet ecosystem."

It's only at best 100% of the usenet posts they know about, which is anyway only a tiny fraction of the number of torrent users, which have been untouched.