darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

[Sci-Fi] SyFy: Defiance (blending gaming and tv)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkpyeDks-m0

Defiance is set 30 years from now in a post-apocalyptic world. While the game takes place in the San Francisco Bay area, the TV series is set in the town of Defiance, which sits atop what used to be St. Louis (part of the arch still exists as a reminder). Characters, including those played by series stars Grant Bowler and Stephanie Leonidas, will make their debut in the game world before leaving for Defiance and picking things up in the show.

More info »www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/15/···levision

Original thread:
»Syfy: Defiance TV series 2013 and a few other shows
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

I saw the show mentioned back when the game Rift was in beta testing.
I think it will be interesting.
But it looks high budget for sy-fy. one of the reasons why they killed Farscape [those basterds!!!].

So if it doesn't have a strong showing, I wouldn't expect it to stick around long.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to darcilicious

Yeah, I’ve been looking forward to this for a while now.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to darcilicious

Now that I think about it, I have high hopes for Defiance since it would or could make the SciFi / SyFy channel relevant again,….at least to me. I have had little to no reason to tune into SciFi-HD / SyFy-HD for quite some time.

If they were taking requests I would also ask for a new Stargate series, BSG: Blood and Chrome and maybe rebroadcast Continuum.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
reply to darcilicious

Will the game will be Free To Play?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH

»defiance.com/en/game/

It's cross platform. Xboxm PS3, PC

»www.game-debate.com/games/index.···Defiance

»pc.gamespy.com/pc/syfy-action-mm···9p1.html

Gamespy seems to have a more in depth coverage about the game and TV show.

None of the links mention if it's F2P or a monthly subscription. It may be to early yet.
I'm hoping F2P, or at least a cheap monthly rate [cheap being under 12 bucks a month].
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.