Flushing, NY
reply to tymoney321

Re: Speedtest fine but huge lag, latency & packet loss in Queens

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Heres what I got.

If I try to use ventrilo my voice comes out so late or it's delayed or lagged. When I play games my skills come out extremely slow and occassionally everything is frozen. I also have reformatted this PC today with a fresh install of windows and the problem persists. I also have a secondary laptop which also has issues, this is a wired connection btw.

Speed tests are normal though which is making it difficult to communicate with TWC.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2313728 ··· 8689.png

firezlife

join:2012-11-17
Elmhurst, NY
I'm having about the same issues are you Ty. I've been receiving random packet drops throughout the day since 11/7/12. Anywhere from 1-5% packet loss from a full 24 hour ping -t.

I've had a tech come out on ther 14th and he thought it was due to the first generation cable modem I have from TW. He replaced it, but the issue is still ongoing. I called tech support this morning and it was escalated to the level 3 support. She had me connect the modem directly to the PC and ran a test. She said that there was no loss from the cable to the modem, but she was seeing occasional loss from modem to PC. I've even replaced the ethernet cable just to make sure it wasn't the cable. She said it must be something wrong with my PC's.

Since then I've tested on a friend's laptop who lives in Brooklyn that came over (I live in Elmhurst, Queens). Still receiving packet loss. I'm completely stumped at this point on what I can do.

Nick21

join:2010-02-03
New York, NY
They always say it's on your end. I experienced all this hoopla last year, after I ruled out my PC by trying a second one on my line, they then said an equip issue. They blame everything but the network/node until you've exhausted everything. I even got rewired and a new PoE, then finally they put a ticket for the node.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY
said by Nick21:

They always say it's on your end. I experienced all this hoopla last year, after I ruled out my PC by trying a second one on my line, they then said an equip issue. They blame everything but the network/node until you've exhausted everything. I even got rewired and a new PoE, then finally they put a ticket for the node.

Tell me about it. I had major connection problems starting in the end of August from the connection going dead but the modem lights showed normal to sudden slow upload speeds. They say there is no problem in the area. Had a tech come and ran a new cable line it was fine for a week and a half then started with the slow connection. Swapped my modem six times and then bought my own.

Telling me to connect the modem directly to my PC which did not work unless I rebooted the modem then it was fine. One moron even said to leave my PC connected to my modem for a week and I told him that I can't do that as I have other computers and devices hooked up. Then they will sometimes admit there was a problem in the area. This was all before the hurricane.

What they finally told me after talking to these outsourced morons is that they were doing major work in my area. They increased the download and upload channels as before there was only four and now there are twenty upload channels. So far it has been good this month.

Nick21

join:2010-02-03
New York, NY
Yeah and how do you know if they have 20 upload channels? I have four now. Thanks.