share rss forum feed

Hyper Static
Premium
join:2003-11-15
Olean, NY
kudos:1
reply to rusdi

Re: Upgraded needed where?

Yeah, I have kinda been out of the computer building scene for a couple of years, so I've lost touch with what's new and what is good anymore. I wasn't sure if anyone could maybe point out a weak point in my system, or is it that old where I would be splitting hairs.

Thanks for the advice.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

I'm not suggesting you have a weak, or slow system. The Athlon II is a bit "dated", but still capable of running your games. I am jus' saying there may be other things, (like slow internet, or full HDD) that might be slowing it down, (lag).
I've found that to be the case a lot of times.

If you have the $$, and want to build another system yourself, then I would start fresh, with a new Intel Ivy bridge platform, (Intel jus' soundly beats AMD in performance these days) and add on, according to how much you can stand to spend.
Good luck!

Morris0

join:2011-05-14
kudos:1

It depends on the game you are playing. The hard drive and video card will slow any game down. Your CPU is dated yet may do the job. 4-GB RAM is the minimum you should have today and 8-GB will do better. Take a look at the recommendations for the games you are playing and then decide what to do.