how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wasted_Elmo

join:2004-12-10
Elmhurst, NY

Verizon Fios is here in Elmhurst Queens 11373

well today i was a bit sad but i made the switch over to Fios since i live in the broadway section a block from corona ave but

in Elmhurst queens there is quiet the few promotions going around for a one yr or two yr plan they also have a no contract agreement but rates flux if you go that route

i made a switch from RCN to Fios
RCN was giving me 78/11 taken from RCN test site (modem data info)
and verizon said we give you 75/35

sooo my cousin who is account holder from my previous isp got sold
so we are in a two yr bind saving 30 dollars on initial sight of email confirmation with pricing including taxes and first time payment

and looking at my old isp bill i save about 30 dollars

so tell me how is the service from your PoV
is it torrent friendly ?

revned

join:2000-03-17
Bronx, NY
Service has been great since I signed up two years ago. Verizon always over provisioned your speed package in order for you to get the actual subscribed speed. As a case in point, during hurricane Sandy I experienced no type of issues with the service while everyone else who used other service did encounter down time. Also given that my electricity never went down.

Dareius
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
Premium
join:2002-11-12
Elmhurst, NY
reply to Wasted_Elmo
I have to wait 2 weeks more for my FIOS install here in 11373.
Expand your moderator at work

yikes15

join:2010-10-01
Elmhurst, NY
reply to Wasted_Elmo

Re: Verizon Fios is here in Elmhurst Queens 11373

i also have rcn and im in the same zip code. i called up today and they told me that it wasnt available. only thing they had was phone and dsl. what number you guys called to get someone that knows whats going on?

thanks

yikes15

Elmhurst, NY
apparently, even people within the same zip code are not covered by the same central office. i just learned that my CO has not been upgraded for fiber service and therefore is not available in my area yet

Mitchr1

@verizon.net
I just had a 24 yr veteran field tech at my home today in Flushing. I asked about Elmhurst since my mom lives there. He said that most of Elmhurst is wired North of Queens Blvd, and that they have a lot of customers there. He thinks they will get to South of QB in the coming year, which is where my mom lives. He sounded like he knew his stuff, as he was pretty candid with me. So there is hope!

yikes15

Elmhurst, NY
unfortunately...im one of the few north of queens blvd that the CO hasnt been upgraded to fiber yet. when asked when that will happen the asnwer was...i dunno??

pittpete1

join:2009-06-12
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Wasted_Elmo
Just a suggestion, don't be afraid to ask a Field Tech for his cell number for an update on FIOS availability.
We all have Verizon provided work cell phones and most of us are very interested in giving out that info or trying to find out from local management for a potential customer.
The builds are going slow, because of some manpower issues due to retirement,declaring surpluses and not hiring in almost 10 years.

Dareius
Premium
Elmhurst, NY
reply to Wasted_Elmo
FIOS was installed today.

Very happy with the results.

yikes15

Elmhurst, NY
nice numbers....where do you live near so i can get an idea what part of 11373 is fios available in

im about 2 block south of elmhurst general hopsital and apparently the CO that sevices this area has not been upgraded with fiber yet

thanks

Dareius
Premium
Elmhurst, NY
said by yikes15:

nice numbers....where do you live near so i can get an idea what part of 11373 is fios available in

im about 2 block south of elmhurst general hopsital and apparently the CO that sevices this area has not been upgraded with fiber yet

thanks

I live near the Walgreen's across from the church in 11373.

yikes15

Elmhurst, NY
i know exactly where your at. your so close to me it isnt funny. i just dont get how verizon does their wiring. if you dont mind....what are you paying for your package. you can pm it to me if you dont want to mention it in public.

thanks!