uniqs
share rss forum feed

TCO1962
Premium
join:2001-07-02
Champaign, IL

1 edit

Update about image issues..more issues!

Now this is odd and I really hope someone can shed some light on this.

I moved a couple images to the trash bin recently and went to empty it today. There were 1100 plus images in there! Some up to two years old and some just a few months old. I don't get it!

I KNOW I didn't put them there. What the hell is going on with my MAC (and more specifically, images)!?

For what it's worth, most seem to be from one camera and not the others!? I'm lost.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
Any external hard drives involved? The Trash is actually a collection of several Trash folders.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

TCO1962
Premium
Champaign, IL
No external hard drives. Several different style memory cards from cameras occasionally dumped on the computer is as close as it gets to external memory.

Gordo74
Premium
join:2003-10-28
Monroeville, PA
reply to TCO1962
Are there other images in there that you didn't put in there or are there multiple copies of the images that you went to delete?

TCO1962
Premium
Champaign, IL
said by Gordo74:

Are there other images in there that you didn't put in there or are there multiple copies of the images that you went to delete?

Yes and no. A ton of images (like nearly all of them) that I didn't put in there. There are multiple copies of some the images on the computer but I didn't want to delete them (yet anyway).

Don't know what's up but it sure seems like my MacBook Pro is getting "buggy'!

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to TCO1962
What software do you use the manage your photos? I believe iPhoto will move deleted versions of photos to the trash, but not actually empty the trash.

How often do you empty your trash? Could they have been piling up for weeks?
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

TCO1962
Premium
Champaign, IL
said by Thinkdiff:

What software do you use the manage your photos? I believe iPhoto will move deleted versions of photos to the trash, but not actually empty the trash.

How often do you empty your trash? Could they have been piling up for weeks?

I use iPhoto "some" but not much. Just never used it enough to be a fan.
Mostly make my own folders. That said: I did use it some the last couple weeks while vacationing (mostly just for easy dumping of cards). I empty the trash every month or so probably. There were only images in it this time. over 1100!

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY
reply to TCO1962
Are you actually missing any photos?

TCO1962
Premium
Champaign, IL
said by Stacy:

Are you actually missing any photos?

As far as I know, no. It's just the bizarre behavior with everything that has me wondering what the heck!

First I'm denied "permissions" of access and the next thing you know there are over 1100 images in the trash with zero reason for them to be there! Windowish behavior!

not

@comcast.net
Are you using photo stream on a mobile device (like an iPhone or iPad) that you may possibly be syncing and manipulating some of the library photos in there and that's causing them to get dumped in the trash?

Also, Windows doesn't just delete files all on its own. lol

You're either triggering this behavior somehow or something else is automatically doing it based on a trigger. iCloud integration or something along those lines could be a possible cause.