All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
msodonnell
join:2005-04-11
Westerville, OH

msodonnell

New UVerse TV -Does the HDMI cable come with the receiver?

I've just ordered UVerse TV (with HDTV) added to my existing UVerse phone and internet service. On the "UVerse Equipment" site it talks about needing an HDMI cable. Will the HDMI cable come with the receiver, or do I need to get one myself ahead of time? It's not a big deal if I have to purchase one, but I don't want to get it if I don't need it.

Also, just out of curiosity, I have both CAT5 and RG6 coax runs from where the INID is located to the area that the TV is in. Which one are they likely to use?

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

You will have to provide the HDMI cable.

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

ILpt4U to msodonnell

Premium Member

to msodonnell
said by msodonnell:

I've just ordered UVerse TV (with HDTV) added to my existing UVerse phone and internet service. On the "UVerse Equipment" site it talks about needing an HDMI cable. Will the HDMI cable come with the receiver, or do I need to get one myself ahead of time? It's not a big deal if I have to purchase one, but I don't want to get it if I don't need it.

The receivers only come with power cables. Your U-Verse installer should have either/both HDMI and/or Component cables on his/her truck for TV connections

shortyd999
join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999 to msodonnell

to msodonnell
When I had Uverse install the prem tech provided the HDMI cables. I don't know if they are required to have it or if its up to the tech to provide it. More than likely the tech will have those cables on the truck when he comes to dote install.

randass
@comcast.net

randass to msodonnell

Anon

to msodonnell
the tech will supply you with HDMI cables if you subscribe to HDTV service.
msodonnell
join:2005-04-11
Westerville, OH

msodonnell

They just did the install today. Everything is working good (he did provide the HDMI cable)

As part of his testing, he said they saw a couple of bridge taps on the lines (one on each line), and he generated an order for another tech to come out later.

In the past, I had used the bitloading graph on Uverse Realtime. There were some gaps and patterns, especially on line 1, that seemed to fit the effects of a bridge tap, but my voice+internet connection was fine, so I had never done anything with it.

He said the TV service was much more sensitive to those, and the standard process was to remove them when detected.

Once the second tech came out later and fixed them, the bitloading graphs are much better.
msodonnell

msodonnell

Click for full size
Here's the bitloading before and after removing the taps. Got that one drop at about 1.583Mhz, but overall it seems a lot smoother now. Also the noise margins increased a bit (low 15's to to 16.5+) on both lines. The aggregate "max rate" went up about 8Mb. Also, apparently removing the taps moved my house 700 feet closer to the VRAD (from 4,400 to 3,700)...

Mangix
join:2012-02-16
united state

Mangix to msodonnell

to msodonnell
makes sense. I believe mine used to be 2100 feet and is currently 1400 feet after removal of bridge taps.