uniqs
share rss forum feed

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

[Aftershock] Raiding Requirements and Raid Team

Hey guys. I was talking with Kris and Jobbie a little last night about getting a raiding group together. I am curious, what is the first raid and what are the current gearing requirements?

Also, myself and Jehid can heal, or I can tank, orrr DPS. Whichever is needed most, but I just need to figure out what spec I need to start gearing for.

Thanks!
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

Aren't you like.... level 40?

Let me share with you the way that Aftershock has always and will continue to do business. People are free to join the guild. We toss them a little gold to get them enough breathing room to level until they can accumulate gold on their own. We don't place any requirements or restrictions on people. You're free to play the game however you want. We have some people who strictly PVP. We have some people who poopsock hardcore raids with another guild. We have some people that just take the first trade channel PUG they can find. You can do whatever you want.

The goal is for people to reach level cap. They are free to play whatever class and whatever spec they wish. Many players have multiple characters, so if we're full on tanks, people can switch over to DPS or healers if there is another tank to step up.

There are a ton of things people need to do before they can even get into a raiding environment. People need to grind out dailies, they need to grind out heroics and they need to work on gear in LFR. Once you're geared out, raids happen at a matter of convenience, usually on the weekends.

With that said, Jobbie and Antonica are already geared tanks and we have another player who is working on tanking later on. It wouldn't hurt to have some more DPS and some folks who can heal.

The important thing is that you guys learn how to play your characters correctly at end-game and that you guys play a class and spec that you'll enjoy.

Just get yourself to 90. The fastest way to get there is to get instant-queue dungeons up to 85 and then go start questing in MoP. If you have a duo that has a tank/healer combo, even if you two don't heal/tank end-game, it's probably the best way to level up.

Your specs mean nothing until 85, minimum.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

I will focus on DPS then with the Monk with an OT spec. It is nice to be able to do both without having to sac gear. That being said. Hawaii is less than 5 days away. Hopefully the logging we will be in will have some decent WIFI. It has been hit or miss here. CAN'T WAIT!
--
90 Pogasim (Pandaren Monk), 85 Sunlock (Dwarf Lock), 85 Shocktrio (Draeni Shaman)

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Savious

I thought you were going to carry me in 5's?

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

I dinged 80 last night. So I am on the cusp of starting to think about how I want to move forward with my character.

I totally get that Aftershock is a casual guild, and I respect that.

However, I would like to see if people are interested in a semi regular raid night. If that's on weekends, thats awesome. The four of us are going to be raid ready by Christmas for sure, probably sooner. Were all hardcore casual, with a ton of previous raid experience from classic to cata.

When I was waiting for D3 to come out, I took my warrior from 85 to LFR in a week.
--

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Archivis

I just want to be super clear that I am not trying to change things up or take over the guild or whatever.

I just want to do some raiding with you guys when I know everyone will be around.
--

Lothario

Ottawa, ON

Usurper!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Savious

The first raid is MC

you need lvl60, and its a 40man.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Savious

Get ilvl463 min
full enchants, and gems, and proper reforges

and be sure you have already L2P.

max your profs (you'll need those prof bonuses)

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to DarkLogix

I did that shit in 2006. Do I have to do it again already!!??

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Savious:

I did that shit in 2006. Do I have to do it again already!!??

You said whats the first raid, not whats the first raid of MoP.

First raid of MoP is MV
since LFR of MV is open you should do that before doing the real deal.

and if you can't Solo MC now then you need to work on that.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

I dinged 80 last night.

I smell fail.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Ginjer

said by Ginjer:

Hopefully the logging we will be in will have some decent WIFI. It has been hit or miss here. CAN'T WAIT!

you going to stay at the lodge on schofield? if so they have a wired connection if memory serves me right.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Snuffbox

said by Snuffbox:

said by Savious:

I dinged 80 last night.

I smell fail.

Maybe you're smelling yourself?

All four of us have played this game off and on since release. Good try though.
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

You got me.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT

I know.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

All four of us have played this game off and on since release. Good try though.

Will you carry me in 5's then?

Someone... no names.... mentioned they'd be capable of doing so.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Savious

said by Savious:

I just want to be super clear that I am not trying to change things up or take over the guild or whatever.

I just want to do some raiding with you guys when I know everyone will be around.

You can't change things up because the guild format is open-ended. If you wish to form a raid, you can. I think that if the demand is there, I may form one, but with the holidays and moving in January, that may be an issue. When February rolls around, I should be in good shape.

I can still play between now and then, but my spare time will be elsewhere, like many other people.

Get to 90, get your ilevel up to about 470 and we can go from there. We have every profession covered. All of our people are currently doing rep grinds and Spirit of Harmony grinds (Halfhill). I think the guild could use a few more farmers (mining, skinning, herbalism, etc.) to keep the guild fueled, more than it needs crafters. I can do about a third of all the jewelcrafting patterns and can craft multiple plate epics in blacksmithing. Antonica has the leatherworking covered and she's coming up close to getting the rep needed for the rare enchants. Jobbie has inscription and I know that a few other people have every other profession covered.

We could use more ore for prospecting, more skinning, etc.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Lothario

Ottawa, ON

You making the big move to Waco?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by Lothario:

You making the big move to Waco?

TOUCHE, Mr. Canadian. Touche.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Savious

Be ilevel 470 by Saturday. Show up outside of MV at 5pm EST (pulling at 6pm EST) with all your flasks, pots, and feasts (repairs on the guild). You can log off at 11pm. We'll let you know if we need you.

^ any other raiding guild.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Wife and I finally started leveling some new chars on Mal'Ganis. To make our leveling process faster I went heals (Priest) and she's tanking (Paladin). Got from 1-40 in one day. Probably gonna take us another year to hit 90. hah

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Dungeon leveling with tank/heals is extremely fast.

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX

Yeah, if you look at the characters I have leveled you'll notice a pattern. Tank or healer. My wife wanted to be the healer AGAIN for these characters but I'm sick of leveling tanks so it's her turn. She's hating it LOL.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok

At least you didn't use an extreme example to apply to 'all raiding guilds'.

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

dinged almost 3 times (2 bars short) in an Uldaman full clear with the quests.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by Venom1:

said by Archivis:

dinged almost 3 times (2 bars short) in an Uldaman full clear with the quests.

And this is DPS with another DPS, que times might be a bit faster with healer/tank but they aren't bad at all (2-4min)

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I think there is enough people to at least get the majority of a raid together. Pugging may still be necessary but that may change in time.

I could level my tank, or my healer, but the daily grind is very off putting in raising those characters. Only 50-60 dungeon runs at 89 to get to 90. If I do level them, i will be doing heroics and LFR only at least for a good amount of time.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to JB

said by JB:

At least you didn't use an extreme example to apply to 'all raiding guilds'.

I see what you did there.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

So far I have at 90 and raid ready:

Paladin Prot/lolrRet
Mage Frost/Fire

at 90 and working on gearing (LFR ready)
Druid Guardian/Feral

Work in Progress:

Rogue Combat/???? (This weeks project)

People has been working religiously on the reputation farming (loldailies), Heroics and LFR to get all the gear we need. Like Archivis said Antonica and myself have been working on our tanks first (Druid/Paladin) in terms of gear and raid communication/awarness and I think we have gotten to a very nice spot and more tanks are always welcome since they are always needed. The more the better.

I am also working on a second tank for the cases when I am needed in more than one raid.

I am very happy to see that people is enjoying playing with us and that I am able to be there to help you all to get started and follow up with your progress.

This is a self motivated environment when we push ourselves to perform to the best of our abilities and work on self progression, that means you making progress makes the guild better as a whole, we don't have a full "core" group yet but i believe that with the newest additions we will get there in no time, in the meanwhile keep your leveling up and we will get there in no time.

We are not in a race and it is all about "play what you, want when you want" mentality which makes this game a lot more enjoyable there will be raiding and other fun stuff for sure.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.