Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1

hmm

I would like to point out that just because the copper will be replaced by fiber does not mean they can stop offering the clecs service. If its the Government funded network that's being replaced then they still have the right to use it.

I am on long island and we have telephone service through earthlink business. We have an old very thick Verizon copper line coming into the building and a Verizon fiber line coming in.

The last time we renewed our contract erthlink business moved out t1 from the old copper line to the fiber line coming in. They used a cisco box to emulate the copper service.

I would think Verizon is going to do this. Lay down the fiber to every affected building and use equipment in the basements to connect the copper equipment in the buildings to the newly run fiber.

Will probably take a lot less time to do it that way.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2

The CLECs will not be moved to FIOS, that was one of the agreements Verizon worked out with the regulators to start rolling it out in the first place. A copper T1 will have to be rebuilt on fiber but wholesale T1's can be put on VZ fiber, no problem. It is just going to take a long time to get it all done.

majortom1029

join:2006-10-19
Lindenhurst, NY
kudos:1

It has nothing to do with FIOS. Fios is the consumer and small business product.

Verizon has business fiber that in most cases is a direct fiber connection to the CO. Just like what I have at work. I am willing to bet the Clec service that's down in lower manhattan will be replaced with fiber from the building to the Verizon Co and then will be connected to the existing Copper from the offices in the building to the new fiber with something like the cisco box that I have in my building.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to CXM_Splicer

How does a storm exempt Verizon from being responsible to provide CLECs access for DSL and Voice? Im not following the logic here. It is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAINTAIN THE NETWORK and provide access. If they want to replace copper with fiber, then shouldnt clecs have access to the fiber? Where in the 96 Telecom Act does it state that a hurricane exempts RBOCs from allowing CLEC access?

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to majortom1029

Try telling that to AT&T who has already done just that. No CLECs.