spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

simon726

join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

[Internet] which modem(s) is Bell providing for new customers?

Hey guys,

I was just wondering that which particular modem that Bell is providing for new customers?

I'm not sure if its either the Sagemcom 2864 or the Cellpipe 7130? I'm not sure if there are some "horror stories" with these particular networking gateways.

Sometimes, many people decided to keep their wireless routers and convert these gateways listed above into a "modem only" operation (technically known as "Bridge mode").

This is just out of curiosity, folks. Any experiences?

Martin
Premium
join:2005-05-05
@bell.ca
kudos:3

Re: [Internet] which modem(s) is Bell providing for new custome

It depends on your installation, the Cellpipe is not compatible FTTH.

simon726

join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

said by Martin:

It depends on your installation, the Cellpipe is not compatible FTTH.

In a somewhat-related matter, is it possible to plug in either the Sagemcom 2864 or the Cellpipe using an UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply)?

I haven't seen evidence by some of the users on this board who have either one of those devices plugged into a UPS and that way, they have power on those devices in the event of a power outage....

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
reply to simon726

Yes its possible to plug it to a UPS... that what I did at home, while the generator start.
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

theyre giving out connection hub, its made by sagecom but its still called connection hub. no body really calls it sagecom
--
Happiness is like peeing your pants... Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its Warmth!!