uniqs

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep
join:2010-12-16

Shaw_Alex to FaxCap

to FaxCap

Re: [ALL] Ask a Shaw Rep

Hey FaxCap,

Send me your account number via DM and i'll see what updates we can provide for you.

Cheers,
Shaw_Alex

Shaun
@shawcable.net

Shaun

Anon

Signed up for Shaw TV after receiving sales call offering HDPVR - excited to get SportsNet World HD! Gets installed & call to order SNWorld HD & find out HDPVR is older refurbished MPEG2 model, won't work with SNWorld HD MPEG4. Have a few conversations with offers of rent to own and other ways to upgrade HDPVR. Eventually decide to go and get newer HDPVR - call to activate & order SNWorld HD, done. Try to view channel 254 - won't happen. More checking - sorry, DNU hasn't happened in your area, channel not available!

So after agreeing to buy TV service, being willing to pay $18/mth extra and getting newer HDPVR all for ONE channel I find out, sorry, not happening! Why I wasn't told it was old refurbished unit to begin with or that SNWorld HD wasn't available in my area along the way I'll never know.

Bottom line question, any timeframe for DNU in Kerrusdale area of Vancouver?

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by Shaun :

So after agreeing to buy TV service, being willing to pay $18/mth extra and getting newer HDPVR all for ONE channel I find out, sorry, not happening! Why I wasn't told it was old refurbished unit to begin with or that SNWorld HD wasn't available in my area along the way I'll never know.

Bottom line question, any timeframe for DNU in Kerrusdale area of Vancouver?

And all of us who are paying for Movie Central and only get the one
MCHD channel are in the same boat.

FaxCap

ninn
join:2008-01-26

ninn

hi shaw_Alex

please allow me to ask you the following questions:

when we buy (not rent) a digital box from shaw do we get a new or a refurbished box

between the technical department (when we call for help)
and shaw retail store (where we visit in shopping mall) who has
the final words in digital box warranty replacement (after 30 days from the date of purchase) issue

what are the proper procedure to make a claim during warranty period (a digital box gets 3 years warranty) will you send a technician to location and physically check and test the box or we can just pack it up and take to a retail store near us after we talked to and follow technical department suggestion

thanks much in advance

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep
join:2010-12-16

Shaw_Alex

Hey Ninn,

1. When you purchase a Digital Box from Shaw, it will be brand new.

2. In most cases, the Service Call Technician will have the final say for warranty replacements. In some cases (such as known issues), a phone representative can get approval.

3. When you have an issue with your hardware, contact technical support first. If the issue cannot be resolved over the phone, we will book a tech. They will have a replacement ready if need to swap the box.

ninn
join:2008-01-26

ninn

thanks so much for your reply shaw_Alex
all questions were well answered
have a good day