how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

blackthought

join:2010-04-08
Phoenix, AZ

Arms Warrior PVP Glyphs

Is it me or are they sorta lack luster for the arms tree?
I'm using this build...
»www.wowhead.com/talent#wiE|kGMmsR

Minus the avatar as i'm only lvl 86. Granted I know i'm a bit "green" interms of levels to be talking Glyphs but what's the norm rightnow for warriors in pvp? What is everyone else using?

I don't like the overpower glyph needing cleave

I took death from above for the increased mobility
Enraged SPeed...again for the increased mobility
Gag Order to make casters cry

I was using the colossus smash glyph but wanted to try enraged speed. I like the speed:)

All that being said what's the bread and butter for ARMS pvp?
--
»www.nomorenoob.com - Wow help site
Noob of the month - »www.nomorenoob.com/p/noob-of-month.html

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:4

said by blackthought:

Gag Order to make casters cry

5.1 Patch notes.

Most Warriors I believe are going Fury after the patch.

Correction, most warriors are rerolling after the patch (Warlock/Spriest/Hunter/Mage)

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to blackthought

i believe guildox has updated thier page to show glyphs and builds popular for both pve and pvp.

blackthought

Phoenix, AZ
reply to Snuffbox

ya think? I'm still not buying the doom and gloom yet.
2 reflects, 3+ amount of stuns (charge, shockwave, dragon's roar), pummel, a fear bomb, add in the fact that Avatar will be snarable and Storm Bolt starts too look really good, it has the same interrupt effect plus damage and it's on the same CD your gag order was. It's hard to compare with the 20% buff of avatar right now but given the utility i've not had any issues outside of mages (nothing new here).

I don't think the 300% damage was intended for pvp which sucks as i don't think that "permanent" clause in the tool tips applies to non NPCs.

I guess because i've been away so long that all this cool new shyt warriors received while I was away still has my head spinning. I come from a time when I had to swap stances to do a lot of things so this is like a dreamland right now...
--

Venom1

join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA
reply to blackthought

said by blackthought:

All that being said what's the bread and butter for ARMS pvp?

ARMS?!?!?!?!? Fury or GTFO. Get Shit On!!!

seriously though, I'm watching this thread as the leveling of my baby warrior continues. of course i show up to the party with last months fotm...

i also don't subscribe to the mayan calendar outlook for warriors, as i'm sure elijah wood will come in at the last minute on a dirt bike with my warrior in his arms to save us all from a comet.
--
For Rogues, by Rogues, to be used at the Rogue drive through when you order a side-order of Rogue.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

TBH Black, Arms is broken in a good way but i dont think the devs are gonna let it slide. Its crazy not having to stance dance anymore and the control is just not fair...can't believe im saying this with all the mage abuse we have taken for the past few years lol.

Basically im just saying enjoy it while it last
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to Snuffbox

The only warriors rerolling are the FotM bads.. Warriors will still be strong, jsut not ridiculous. Blackthoguht is right though there is still storm bolt..

Its sad that warriors qqing are the same ones that Im sure bitched all through BC that rogue stuns were bs(CS didnt DR KS), but they are all OK with charges, shockwave gagorder,pummel caster lock down shenanigans...

Also wtf would a current arms warrior qqing about nerf reroll fury, hed quit after 1 game of being rage starved.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI

To be clear, I'm unbias and not QQing - I'm not a warrior and don't play with a warrior.

But warriors losing their ranged silence is huge. They should have a ranged interrupt (not to be confused with silence) and Avatar now means they're EASILY kiteable.

Yes, warriors will still exist, but they'll be very comp specific.

You do know there are multiple fury warriors at high rating (2200+) right now right? Fury's not bad, but will be struggling for many of the same reasons Arms will after patch.

DK>Warrior - Virtually zero comps that I'd take the Warrior over a DK at 5.1.

Have you seen DK damage done? Almost 100% uptime and comparable defensive cooldowns.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

guess it depends on who is playing the dk , 2nd place in worlds ( yes it worlds top notch ppl and all that ) comp was mage warrior shaman, 1st and third mage warlock shaman again its worlds so those guys are above par so.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

blackthought

Phoenix, AZ
reply to Snuffbox

pvp wise avatar will definitely lose it's umph. but the storm bolt that no one uses now will see some shine, our burst will take some hits from losing a more mobile avatar, but IMHO having that ranged interrupt can be better in some cases. Avatar also lasts 20 seconds, so you catch the back end of the DR table and THEN use avatar and you don't really take to much of a hit, especially if you can time it right.

As for fury...it's nice the damage is top notched, as long as you're being attacked you're good to go. I ran about 10 matches this weekend and liked the play. The control on warriors really is nice. We're the batman of wow...in a way though we always have been. I don't think people recognize how easier life is right now without having to stance dance.
--

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA

Hey Black,

me and you have been playing warriors for years, has it lost its luster to you? Kind of like trading in a nice muscle car with manual transmission with a new shiny fully automatic prius.(no offense to prius owners )
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

blackthought

Phoenix, AZ

yeah it did i commented in your other thread but will say the same thing here.

There's no more thrill of the hunt. I have really strong up time, but this means 2 things.
1. I'm not the killing machine I once was.
2. People don't run from me

Used to be when you saw a warrior coming you gtfo the way, now people are just standing there trading blows with me and it's demeaning.

I didn't mind being kited so long as when I did get to someone they felt it and HAD TO run.

Burst > mobility IMHO
--

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
Milwaukee, WI
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

guess it depends on who is playing the dk , 2nd place in worlds ( yes it worlds top notch ppl and all that ) comp was mage warrior shaman, 1st and third mage warlock shaman again its worlds so those guys are above par so.

Cymraeg - I'm talking post nerf. Not current. Current, warriors are god mode.

Gan

join:2009-04-10
Taiwan
reply to blackthought

I'm using gag order, MS and CS glyphs. For arena I'll sub in long charge over CS since that first stun and subsequent opening sequence is often the difference between winning and getting group-globalled. Needless to say I keep plenty of Tomes and Dusts in my inventory. With the favorable situation Warriors are in now, I'm consistently targeted first in 2v2 out of almost all the group comps I've been in. They want us out of the picture fast. The exception was a sub-geared elemental Shaman I ran with... poor guy would barely get his totems down before lying down next to them.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to Snuffbox

Avatar still grants rage atm therefore fury isn't rage starved..

As far as kiting they have multiple charges/intervene/ leap... They won't get kited like a stepless rogue..