spc
uniqs
ConstantineM
join:2011-09-02
San Jose, CA

ConstantineM to connor79

to connor79

Re: Aastra 6730i

I have Aastra 6730i; comes with a power adaptor, one Ethernet port, and no PoE. It's a nice phone, great speakerphone, but their firmware is as horrible as it gets. Anyone on your lan can see your SIP password by logging into the phone with the default admin/22222 password (no way to change the default password!), sometimes the Line buttons magically swap themselves out (it once got into a state that a ring that's supposed to appear on Line 3 would always appear on Line 1 instead; and what was supposed to appear on Line 1 (then Line 2 if Line 1 is busy), would always appear on Line 2 instead (since, apparently, Line 3 somehow moved into being Line 1); it was happening for several weeks like this, until I've finally rebooted the phone, which brought Line 3 indicator back to Line 3, and Line1/2 back to Line1/2). I apparently have provided some partial review of this phone here: »Re: Aastra logging

In summary, excellent visual design and build, great rubber buttons and loud speakerphone, ability to use several independent SIP accounts and HD voice, but the software is full of bugs.

Trev
AcroVoice & DryVoIP Official Rep
Premium Member
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC

Trev

Premium Member

said by ConstantineM:

Anyone on your lan can see your SIP password by logging into the phone with the default admin/22222 password (no way to change the default password!)

With the provisioning files you can set the admin password and disable the web interface. I'm not sure if there's a way to do this through the Web UI as I've never tried, but I usually disable web access altogether when deploying Aastra phones.
real_goose
join:2001-04-13
Apollo Beach, FL

real_goose to ConstantineM

to ConstantineM
I have an Aastra 6730i that I like more now I've figured out how to set it up. There are many functions that can only be changed with provisioning files. This is the only way to change the password.

I leave the GUI active so I can see registration information. Changing registration information or even adding new lines is easy from the GUI.

If you decide to use provisioning. use the GUI to download the server.cfg file and save it as aastra.cfg. Then add lines to for the desired functions. For example:
admin password: 12345
user password: 67890
time format: 0
time zone name: US-Eastern

I use PumpKIN TFTP server running on Windows to serve the files to the phone. Use the Aastra GUI to set the TFTP server address to the computer running PumpKIN.