Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Archivis

Re: Blizz: authenticator lawsuit "patently" false

quote:
Also false. If you keep your account information up to date, removing an authenticator is actually fairly simple.

Not so simple if you haven't recorded the serial number someplace, and remember where.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

I've actually removed a lost authenticator. I did not record the serial number anywhere.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

I haven't lost one. Though I do recall all the hoops I had to jump through to recover my hacked account. Add to that the 90 plus minutes of being on hold.
But since I've add the key fob, no issues, except the damn cat knocks it under the desk sometimes. I leave it on my desk, as I refuse to play wow anywhere else then at home {I don't have a laptop, hence no need to travel with Fob].
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

1 edit

Get a nail, hammer it into the desk then loop the keyring part of the fob over the nail.

Next get a wrench and bend the nail into a loop.

now the cat won't knock it off.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5

Or just toss it into a drawer if you can't (glass/metal desk) or just don't want to shove a nail/screw into your desk. Just make sure the drawer isn't a black hole drawer because that would be worse than the cat knocking it under the desk LOL.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

said by JoelC707:

Or just toss it into a drawer if you can't (glass/metal desk) or just don't want to shove a nail/screw into your desk. Just make sure the drawer isn't a black hole drawer because that would be worse than the cat knocking it under the desk LOL.

Well you COULD do that.

or sub in a metal rod with epoxy in place of the nail.

but, but but a draw doesn't have the shock value, and takes away the kitty's play thing, you wouldn't want the kitty to get depressed would you?

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5

2 recommendations

Cat: /gasp this thing won't fly off the desk anymore.
Cat: /mad MUST bat it around constantly till I get it off the desk.
Cat: oh look a bird
Human: Cat, you have ADHD....
Cat: I don't have ADHD. What's AD... oh look a laser pointer.
Human: yep....

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

kitty must be amused.