how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gblythe

join:2001-06-19
Vail, AZ

[AZ] Frustrated - Which Cable Modem?

I'm looking at the Cox site for a new service bundle. I want TV/Cable/Telephone service and DON'T want to buy/rent the offered cable gateway. Looking at the Cox compatibility page, none of the DOCSIS 3.0 capable modems listed include a voice capability (e.g., Motorola SBV-6220, the modem I thought was the best choice). The only listed modems are data only (e.g., Motorola SB-6120). I don't want to spend the extra money for the voice capability if I don't require it...

30 minutes and three technicians later, I still don't have an answer. Anyone know?

Also, any insight into why I can't order anything hotter than 22/5 service? I'm in the Vail/Tucson area.

TIA

ikyuaoki

join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS
you could find the standalone docsis 3.0 cable modem that would be fairly answer by having the motorola SB 6120 that is basic 4x4 docsis 3.0 modem here. that cost about around 100 dollars i think.

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to gblythe
if phone service in your area uses a eMTA cox will let you use it for free and it can Handel internet as well and you only pay the rental fee if you cancel phone and keep the modem. cox does not allow retail versions of a mta .

delta3gamma7

join:2008-11-02
Phoenix, AZ
reply to gblythe
Ask them for the Cisco DPQ3212. It's an 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 eMTA. They provided me with one at no extra charge during a new installation since I have phone and internet with them. No complaints.