Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

1 recommendation

No Such Thing as Unlimited (especially in the cellular world

there is NO SUCH THING AS **UNLIMITED**.

when are companies going to STOP marketing and selling it as such?

5GB being excessive on a WIMAX network? come on, now.....

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

1 recommendation

said by compuguybna:

If you advertise it, I'm going to use it. That simple. I.E. T-Mobile's Unlimited 4G. It cost me nothing to switch from my slightly grandfathered 5GB plan to the unlimited 4GB plan, and I don't use their tethering service either so my bill cost did not change. But my usage went from toeing underneath 5GB a month to well in excess of that. I'd give you exact numbers but the My Account service hasn't worked for over a week.

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

There are plenty of companies that still offer unlimited on land services. This area is filled with cooperatives that don't care what you do. You could host a server or torrent 24/7. All they care about is that they are paid on time.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to compuguybna
said by compuguybna:

Sure there is such thing as **UNLIMITED**. Marketing 101: You just have to define it right.

You aren't paying for unlimited bandwidth consumption. You are paying for unlimited time connected. You are free to stay connected as long as you like, you just can't download everything you want.

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON
said by cdru:

You aren't paying for unlimited bandwidth consumption. You are paying for unlimited time connected. You are free to stay connected as long as you like, you just can't download everything you want.

To think that you pay for unlimited time connected is complete nonsense. That is what you get already. We're not on dial-up here.

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to silbaco
I think his comment's underlying thought is that no company could actually afford to offer truly unlimited service if people actually started using all the speed they can all the time... at least not without bumping prices up a few notches in most cases.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to cdru
said by cdru:

You are paying for unlimited time connected.

What the hell is this, the '90s?

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO
said by Simba7:

What the hell is this, the '90s?

CellCOUSA is sure trying to return to the 90's... too bad technology will eventually bypass them.