kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to sbconslt

Re: ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.260

Googling shows a fair amount of WiFi related issues with this firmware. I guess the only thing to do is jump into it and see what happens.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

sbconslt

join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA
You can always roll back.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to swintec
Just tried this new firmware and it had huge wireless issues for me. Didnt seem to affect my Windows 7 laptop but my XP desktop was lucky to maintain a connection for more than 10 seconds...actually it appeared the connection was active, just no traffic was passed. Tried the custom firmware noted above and it also had the same problems. Went back to the previous stick version and all is well. Really weird.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

guy

@wind.ca
hey, try using a different encryption method for your router. I noticed my xp laptop couldnt maintain a connection with wpa2, when i switched it to just wpa, there were no problems (using n56u)

Rarsa

@rogers.com
I found that the upgrade set the default to WPA2/AES

It seems that the RT2500 wireless card drivers under Windows 7 didn't like WPA2/AES.

On the same computer I had Linux and it didn't have a problem connecting. Other devices on my network didn't have issues either.

So, I had to change the authentication/Encryption to WPA/TKIP and the windows computer and all other devices connect properly.

Thanks guy