Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LFHC

join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA
reply to GrandMstrBud

Re: IA Century Link Faster Speeds?

Well If you are able to get 3mbps chances are the DSLAM you are on is already fiber fed because most of the time if it is fed by t1 lines which are copper running from a DSLAM that is fiber fed you can only get 1.5mbps if you could post your line stats from your modem that will help. However if they are running fiber it is possible you will be able to get faster speeds I cant tell you anything for sure because I dont know all the information of that build. It sounds like to me though you might not have good enough line stats to obtain a speed faster than 3mbps

TheMayor

join:2002-05-09

In the former Q territory, before they decided to run fiber, they had bumped up the speeds to the following: 1.5, 3, 5 or 7 Mbps. Where I live, I had 3 & the other side of the street was able to get 5.

When they did upgrade to fiber, I was able to get faster then 3 Mbps.

said by LFHC:

Well If you are able to get 3mbps chances are the DSLAM you are on is already fiber fed because most of the time if it is fed by t1 lines which are copper running from a DSLAM that is fiber fed you can only get 1.5mbps if you could post your line stats from your modem that will help. However if they are running fiber it is possible you will be able to get faster speeds I cant tell you anything for sure because I dont know all the information of that build. It sounds like to me though you might not have good enough line stats to obtain a speed faster than 3mbps