uniqs

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: Possibility of getting cable?

those are just long drop/small extensions. a standard "non-standard" install.....

giving the OP hope on this one is pointless...
LFHC
join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA

LFHC

I figured that would be a long shot I could possibly put up 5000 for the build I kinda doubt that would help much I have centurylink and they just finished running fiber to us I like cable better though.i have called Comcast 4 times and each time they say we will send someone to survey and get back to you I have never got a answer I do want to know what it will take to get cable but Comcast never does a survey I think.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

If you have fiber from the telco, you won't need cable, even Uverse or similar "not quite FTTH" is a big step up from dialup or satellite choices.
LFHC
join:2012-11-04
Collinsville, VA

LFHC

Oh yeah it's a whole lot better than satellite,DSL was made available in Jan of this year and they just ran fiber a few months ago. Cable is just better for uploads
LFHC

LFHC

I have tried to find the franchise authority but I have had no luck maybe Virginia does not have one does anyone know?

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

The State Corp Commission regulates some stuff but the locals are the regulating authority in VA. Independent cities or counties etc.

gar187er
I DID this for a living
join:2006-06-24
Seattle, WA

gar187er to LFHC

to LFHC
said by LFHC:

I figured that would be a long shot I could possibly put up 5000 for the build I kinda doubt that would help much I have centurylink and they just finished running fiber to us I like cable better though.i have called Comcast 4 times and each time they say we will send someone to survey and get back to you I have never got a answer I do want to know what it will take to get cable but Comcast never does a survey I think.

most likely cause construction knows there is no way in hell they are building it....it would be in the 10+ thousand range if even at all possible due to amp casacde.